Send Topic Print
Ammo (Read 20152 times)
jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Re: Ammo
Reply #30 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 6:24pm

yeah i take a large juice jug filled with sand its about a half gallon jug so i can fill it up and not have to keep refilling so i can make a bunch of them quickly

IP Logged

jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Reply #31 - Sep 16th, 2016 at 10:13pm

has anyone tried a exploding round like taking a shotgun round tapeing a small steel ball on the primer taking the shot out the shell but leave the powder and tie streamers to the back so it flies primer first and if it hits something solid the round blows up adding weight to the shot fiil the shell with sand where the shot would have been and pack it back itd be fairly dangerous but fun to throw away from people

IP Logged

jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Reply #32 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 9:20pm

if im not mistaken i think i have seen some bipointed golfball looking projectiles on here in some post somewhere i forgot where but started thinking about it and wondered how to make those ore where i could get them but there is always that chance im just crazy haha Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #33 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 10:18am

perpetualstudent wrote on Sep 16th, 2016 at 2:47pm:
This video shows an excellent means of filling the rusty ball with flour or sand respectively. Looks a lot easier than me trying to use a dowel and funnel. You guys might already be doing this but I'm a little slow on the uptake.

https://youtu.be/SyfxIryiD8A

relevant part starts at 52 sec

lmao - that is so much simpler than the way i did it. Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Reply #34 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 7:48pm

has anyone tried throwing eggs before we have a good bit of chickens that lay more eggs than we can eat (60 a day)so i like to take some and throw them and they fly really well they are just a little to light for me but i can still throw them pretty far on very little effort they are pretty fun to throw

IP Logged

jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Reply #35 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 12:00pm

on tracking how fast a throw is do yall think one of them baseballs that tracks the throwing speed would work  i found some on line that tracks up to 120 mph but idk if those need to be caught or if throwing them in a field would mess up the reading from it hitting the ground and bouncing i was thinking it might read the bounce after the throw

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

no longer active:keep
the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #36 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 3:14am

jeffbonds wrote on Oct 13th, 2016 at 12:00pm:
on tracking how fast a throw is do yall think one of them baseballs that tracks the throwing speed would work  i found some on line that tracks up to 120 mph but idk if those need to be caught or if throwing them in a field would mess up the reading from it hitting the ground and bouncing i was thinking it might read the bounce after the throw

i don't think there will be a problem with the reading
but 120 mph is low...

IP Logged

jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Reply #37 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 11:38am

yeah i could probably find one that can read a little higher speeds the one the reads 120 mph is just around $12 but they make better ones

IP Logged

johan
Funditor

no longer active:keep
the flame of slinging
alive

Reply #38 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 1:02pm

@jeffbonds can you send a link of the device?
also timpa has used some similar device http://linko-sling.jimdo.com/kuulan-nopeus-projectile-speed/
but it's very expensive http://store.pocketradar.com/

IP Logged

jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Reply #39 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 8:33pm

IP Logged

jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Reply #40 - Oct 14th, 2016 at 8:33pm

thanks for the help

IP Logged

jeffbonds
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Alabama
Reply #41 - Oct 16th, 2016 at 8:41pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fwytA5r2Mw
that looks like a good safe projectile

IP Logged

IndyDude
Tiro

Just a slingin'

Indiana
Reply #42 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 9:32am

Surfing around from above videos, I ran across this proto putty (described how to be made in this video ) which seems like it might work well for ammo, and be cheap..  It looks like it can be worked for several minutes then dries into a hard rubber type substance.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #43 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 9:42am

That's pretty darn cool but I don't know about using it for sling ammo. The problem is that's bouncy and bouncy ammo means it could go anywhere and it would make it harder to find. Leaving silicone out in the wild (I think most people here sling outdoors in parks and the like) wouldn't be so good for the environment. I have some bouncy balls in the shape of American footballs which would be perfect bi-pointed ammo but they are just far too bouncy and I think I would loose them instantaneously. This stuff does look like it would be good for making molds though. I might have a go at making this stuff sometime Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

IndyDude
Tiro

Just a slingin'

Indiana
Reply #44 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 10:01am

yeah, I didn't think about molds!  I bet it would be good for that!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, LightSlinger, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Rat Man)