Send Topic Print
Greetings (Read 1142 times)
Myghal
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Arkansas City, KS
Greetings
Aug 12th, 2014 at 11:59pm

Hi all!  I am new to the art of slinging and love it! I have braided about 5 split pouch slings of various lengths and with different braid techniques.  I have used primarily jute twine. i am about to attempt a sling made of milkweed fiber and another of wool. I am wanting to learn more about slings and their use in Europe in the Middle Ages.  Any links or documentation would be awesome. Thanks!
Myghal Grin

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Greetings
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2014 at 1:06am

Hello!  Theros is probably our resident historian, he should be able to help you find something.

I am the guy the tells new slingers to start with tennis balls until you can get them to go in the direction you want.  It's safer.

IP Logged

Myghal
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Arkansas City, KS
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 12:52am

I have been slinging tennis balls for a couple monthes. only a couple times did it not go forward. I'm not the most accurate yet, but it almost always goes the right direction.

IP Logged

Myghal
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Arkansas City, KS
Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2014 at 12:53am

Who is the resident historian? and how do I get in touch with him?

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - Aug 26th, 2014 at 4:42pm

Hello Myghal;
    Welcome.  I've considered making a sling from milkweed also.  I'd be very interested in seeing yours when it's finished.  I'm also thinking about making one from Husky fur.  As you probably know, they're epic shedders.  There's always plenty around here so it would make sense to make use of it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris)