Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Taking bets on world economic collapse (Read 18044 times)
jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Re: Taking bets on world economic collapse
Reply #90 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 2:29am

20 min before Wtc 7 collapsed, some people on the streets,and the media told that they're going to pull building 7. Pulling is a term used in controlled demolition.

And it was pulled as it's done by the pros, with the middle section let go first,then the outer parts, so it doesn't fall to one side.  Visible on many ,of the videos up here on the nets.

Oh and it fell in 6 seconds ,which is freefall speed,meaning no resistance... The towers also fell at freefall speed....  Anyways, i'll stop here.

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #91 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 11:01am

Here's the ultimate question for any conspiracy:  So what?

I liked watching the original topic of this thread because I once (but not anymore) believed the same thing and because the belief that the economy is going to collapse has actual consequences.   People change their buying and saving habits due to this belief.

Whether Building 7 was brought down by fire or demolitions, what are you personally going to change in your daily life because of that fact?

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #92 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 2:59pm

For me, on this part of the world..it doesn't change any of my habits.
It's just goes to show one more time, how much crap you can feed to the people,over and over again,without them noticing. 

I'll buy some iodine tablets just in case... well not because of 9/11, but considering how much nuclear plants and weapons are out there.. it's just a matter of time ,until another reactor melts down.

When the crap starts rolling down the hill, it makes other crap roll down with it.. 
As a farmer ,i have months worth of food stored in any time of the year,so that's checked.
I wish getting a gun legally here wouldn't be so ridiculously twisted...

IP Logged

Arcane Tinker
Funditor

Slinging everything 'cept
b.s.

Western Wisconsin
Reply #93 - Sep 27th, 2014 at 9:39pm

If things ever get that bad, the legalities of owning something will not matter anymore.  I would rather be an illegal gun owner with a full belly than be legit and hungry. 

Now, I fully realize that guns are not the only way to get game...not even close. But it sure makes life easier.  You can even be more productive when you know that gun is ready to go the moment game comes your way.  I personally am trying to wean off of the gun culture, I would love to trade some of my fancier pieces off for a super nice crossbow.

Safety officers and lawyers, two paying professions until the internet came along...
Arcane Tinker  
IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #94 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 12:55am

If this get very serious...i'd have it Wink
crossbows are very nice ,short range weapons. Incredibly silent (compared to even silenced guns)

As for a gun...i would need a 9mm pistol,and VSS Vintorez sniper rifle.
Silence is golden Wink

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #95 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 9:30am

Quite bluntly, if you need a gun, it won't be for hunting.  A bow and arrow would be much better.

That being said, you would be better off if you and your neighbors organized and made a sort of mutual assistance pact.

Because the bad guys won't be alone or unarmed.

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #96 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 5:43pm

Have you ever seen one of those Russian dolls?
You know, the ones that you open and then there is another one inside, then another,then another..
Well we are only a few dolls in, we have far to go.
Oxnate as to your question of 'So what" which is by the way a valid question in my opinion, why should you care?
You should care if you like to think for yourself, like not being lied to by those you voted for, like not having wars fought in your name,like eating clean food and drinking clean water, like not having compulsory injections for your kids, like not being constantly watched or monitored by a paranoid big brother.like not being told where you can live or who you can pray to or not pray to.
Or where you can travel or talk to, or having your hard earned money actually be worth something.
You should care if you disagree with corparate ownership of your countries public resources, or un fair taxation, i could go on.
And if it ever gets to the point wherever we are that we are actually going to have to make a choice about having to shoot someone, we have already lost Sad.
People who discuss killing another human being as casually as if they were buying milk no not of what they speak of Angry

"Do what thou will"Shall be the whole of the law."love is the law, love under will"

IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #97 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 1:33am

Bill, a crossbow could be your best hunting weapon.. compared to the bow, i would choose the xbow,having shot both for quite a bit,so i can draw my conclusions.

Also, a crossbow,for self defense, can work in some cases. A bow too.
But not against a group of armed looters.

If you're highly trained marksman with a strong bow,forget the crossbow,as you'd have much higher ROF with the bow.

All the tools have their benefits,and they can't really replace one another..

I have javelins,sling,slingshot,bow,crossbow,soon a very powerful slingshot crossbow,if i finish it, just if things would go out of control in a  world economic collapse, which is how it would happen imo... i would need to pack some more heat...

I'm very peaceful,and they'd have to leave me without options to start to shoot at someone. But i'd do it if my survival would be at stake.

The world's so called Leaders are envisioning a world that i,and many highly dislike.

I was talking selfishly of myself, but i think, we all need the same basic  stuff for survival.

IP Logged

Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Reply #98 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 2:16am

I'm opting for an Atlatl

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #99 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 1:35pm

I can make a bow with simple hand tools, not so an X bow.  Same with the string.  I can make one from nettles.  X bow of decent draw weight is going to require some work.

And a couple of gardens would serve you lots better.  Hidden away from prying eyes, low care stuff like potatoes, beans, peas, and hard squash.  Plus, they store with pretty minimum work.  Pick and put somewhere cool, dark and dry.

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #100 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 6:59pm

I think any/all of the pre industrial skills will be useful, if you can get with like minded people and co operate and build your skill base you will have a great advantage, going back to the village self reliance routine where everyone has a skill or two and a simple barter or trade economy.
For example i can keep bees, make meade,learning to weave, basic animal husbandry skills and i have a green thumb etc

"Do what thou will"Shall be the whole of the law."love is the law, love under will"

IP Logged

Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Reply #101 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 8:42pm

Yeah,  we need to be proficient in self-sufficient skills,  back in the Great Depression about 90 percent of people were independent of stores for the most part.  Growing their own food and hunting etc..That's why Alaska wasn't hit like the lower 48 was,  my father told me it wasn't that bad here,  maybe because we were dependent on the US Govt at the time.  Nowadays it would be different,  it's the other way around.

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #102 - Oct 7th, 2014 at 10:11pm

My own govt is trying to get tough on individual freedoms and has formed a new ministry to deal with it,i am going to have to form my own oppisition party SmileyAnyone have any skill or knowledge of adobe/cob/earth homes?

IP Logged

Arcane Tinker
Funditor

Slinging everything 'cept
b.s.

Western Wisconsin
Reply #103 - Oct 9th, 2014 at 5:05am

Jabames makes a valid point. Where I live, I am surrounded by Amish. They were completely unaffected by the Great Depression and the more recent Great Recession. They have their own food systems, energy sources (save for their dependence on kerosene), community support. Their lively hood is based upon real world skills and necessary goods and services to earn money to buy the few things that they don't produce themselves. I have been trying to take a few pages from their figurative book to increase my own self reliance.

Safety officers and lawyers, two paying professions until the internet came along...
Arcane Tinker  
IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #104 - Oct 10th, 2014 at 4:48am

Self-sufficiency is a keyword here, in terms of long time survival.
BUT you can't really farm, or maybe even keep animals(possible to herd away) when bullets are flying around and there's looting going on big time.
But that would be the worst case scenario,probably caused by a sudden crash.
If things go slower, people are not so stressed,and start to change their lifestyle,and things can work out more smoothly.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark)