Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Sling tag/sling dodgeball ammo (Read 22865 times)
squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Re: Sling tag/sling dodgeball ammo
Reply #30 - Apr 15th, 2015 at 5:21pm

ummmm OW?
also a little big for some slings.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #31 - Apr 16th, 2015 at 2:16pm

U ever see whathhappens  when one of the paintball  gernades  explodes? And aall tthat paint comes out . A person will tturn  different  colors.  Just a thought.but actually  it wouldn't  work cuz those types. Are designed  u pull a pin and throw and when u throw iit,  it squirts  out.
Ryan
19 years pplaying  paintball 
1 yearas a paintball  referee

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #32 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 1:14pm

So legos896 yesterday, found a foam football, it's a pretty good size for slinging, and if you wrap it in a little of duct tape it flies very fast and doesn't hurt very bad at all. The plus is that I beleive that you can buy it at the dollar store, so it's cheap, works well, and it's bipointed so it flies straight, and it doesn't cause too much pain. I'll post a pic when I go to the dollar store and get one or two, depending on if they are there.

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckkJFheMGBNtMPX8I-Wm9g

IP Logged

Xenovora

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #33 - Sep 9th, 2015 at 5:55pm

Blowgunman123 wrote on Apr 20th, 2015 at 1:14pm:
So legos896 yesterday, found a foam football, it's a pretty good size for slinging, and if you wrap it in a little of duct tape it flies very fast and doesn't hurt very bad at all. The plus is that I beleive that you can buy it at the dollar store, so it's cheap, works well, and it's bipointed so it flies straight, and it doesn't cause too much pain. I'll post a pic when I go to the dollar store and get one or two, depending on if they are there.

Have you gotten one of these foam balls yet? I'm very interested in picking up 10-20 of them and wrapping them in duct tape! Do they fly anywhere near as far as tennis balls when properly wrapped? Pictures please Smiley

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #34 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 11:29am

I wasn't able to find them at the dollar store, but you can find them on amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Dozen-Foam-Football-Stress-Balls/dp/B0087QM8CW/ref=sr_1_6?... i don't think that you need to put tape on them if your going for  30m targets but longer range you'll probably need it. Smiley And i didn't buy any, otherwise i would post pics, just take short strips of duct tape and tape around the ball until its covered.

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckkJFheMGBNtMPX8I-Wm9g

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #35 - Sep 10th, 2015 at 11:56am

use sock balls - fly further than tennis balls, can't hurt anyone and are perfect for a field full of idiots with slings trying to kill each other.

So far up I've had 3 fairly large groups using sock balls and not one siungle casualty Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Xenovora

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #36 - Sep 12th, 2015 at 3:18pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Sep 10th, 2015 at 11:56am:
use sock balls - fly further than tennis balls, can't hurt anyone and are perfect for a field full of idiots with slings trying to kill each other.

So far up I've had 3 fairly large groups using sock balls and not one siungle casualty Smiley

I tried making a few and they always come apart after a throw or two. Maybe I'm making them wrong.. FURTHER THAN A TENNIS BALL?!?! You seem to be recommending that I buy my slinging ammo in the shoe/clothing department rather than the sporting goods section... Any video on these masterfully made sock balls?

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #37 - Oct 24th, 2015 at 4:26pm

I was just out today doing experiments, with the nerf pocket vortex football's, with the tails. They flew wonderfully. Now if someone with good accuracy slung those, they would be perfect.
Ryan

IP Logged

Xenovora

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #38 - Dec 15th, 2015 at 2:42pm

I've found that these hollow plastic practice golf balls: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Club-Champ-K40321/19487474
work wonderful for target practice in a large yard setting. They are slightly heavier and more aerodynamic than ping pong balls, provide a little sting with a good hit, especially on the skin, but by no means is there enough mass behind one of these to cause any type of injury. The only con is that they are highly affected by wind. I was able to get on average 60ft range with no wind resistance, but if you have a good 15mph gust of wind behind you, these things will literally fly 200-250ft (tested, unfortunately.) You will need a heavier pouch to get these going far (woven paracord or seatbelt/duck tape pouch)

Another consideration are these foam practice golf balls (I am strongly considering spending 10$ for a pack of 50 from this amazon seller: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015GSLCWA/ref=s9_newrz_hd_bw_g200_i2?pf_rd_m=A...
They look to be a good deal heavier I would imagine, with way less effects by wind, but these might hurt a little, especially a head shot could cause a concussion I'm guessing? Better yet, soak them in water and we're talking serious ammo! Maybe these with a helmet of some sort and we're on track. I'm guessing you could send one of these 100-120ft dry, and 300-400ft if soaked well?

Both of the above types of golf practice ammo are durable, they're meant for being wacked at with metal wedges (golf sticks) so having these fall apart on you like a sock ball or something wont be an issue.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #39 - Dec 16th, 2015 at 10:31am

Those practice foam golf balls are good for beginners.  I got my 2 nephew's, 8 and 7 into slinging with these. Only issue is that they do a wicked hook. I don't really do measurements on distance but they do a decent distance with being light as they are. I have them using the yellow ones. Easier to find.
Ryan

IP Logged

KB
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Baxterville, Mississippi
Reply #40 - Aug 22nd, 2020 at 8:12am

I know this is a old thread and everyone has probably figured out a ammo that is perfect for them but i a have been working on a ammo that is friend friendly (all of mine were to much time fabricating to be practical) I do like the practice foam golf ball idea and i have a thought as for the "Only issue is that they do a wicked hook."  What if u just stitched a very short soft stabilizer tail on to one side of them..?

O<   For example in text form lol...

In my day we didnt have no fancy schmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock and we had to share the rock..!
https://www.facebook.com/KalebC.Breshears  
IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #41 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 9:10am

Almost any ammo thrown at full power could hurt. One thing nobody has discussed yet is using a weighted sling to throttle back power. If your ammo is in the 60g (tennis ball-ish) range and the sling pouch has an extra 20-30 g Permanently attached, then it feels like you are throwing at full power, but the ammo has a lot less energy when it leaves the pouch.

You do have to be careful not to hit people with the heavy sling pouch though.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #42 - Aug 24th, 2020 at 10:11am

I think tennis balls could be safe enough at a distance with thick-ish jackets. They lose power so quickly they don't hit so hard after even a few metres. Closer ranges would need something softer. I still really want to have a snowball fight with slings just because it seems like a classic reimagined but I also REALLY don't want to get hit with a dense snowball in the face. That will still be stinging into summer...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #43 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 9:25pm

I think the real challenge is finding another slinger within a 100 mile radius!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #44 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 10:04am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Aug 26th, 2020 at 9:25pm:
I think the real challenge is finding another slinger within a 100 mile radius!

Don't... it hurts...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, LightSlinger)