Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Scenarios for various weapons: _ Vs _ (Read 9123 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Scenarios for various weapons: _ Vs _
Reply #30 - Jul 23rd, 2014 at 2:57am

When properly maintained the M16 is very reliable.  Also it's much lighter than an AK47.  Plus that long distance accuracy that the AK47 lacks is very valuable.  The AK47 is an awesome war rifle but given a choice I'd take the M16.      
   For me the sling and atlatl are too different to compare.  Both have their advantages and disadvantages... apples and oranges.

IP Logged

Bikewer
Interfector Viris Spurii

I love Slinging.org!

St. Louis, Mo
Reply #31 - Jul 24th, 2014 at 12:50am

We issue an AR variant as our patrol rifle.  Typical "tactical" item... Eotech optical sights, flashlight on the front...   

Pretty much the standard police item.   Good guns, so far as I can tell... Accurate, ours have been reliable... No problems on the range at all.
My only complaint is the rather complex cleaning procedure... Seems you need to spend almost as much on specialized cleaning tools as you do on the gun...

Never had an opportunity to handle an AK...But their vaunted reliability is balanced against their also-legendary lack of accuracy...   

Still consider the Glock to be the best combat pistol around.   I carried a model 23 for about 15 years.  That's the .40 caliber compact version.  Absolute reliability.  Absolute simplicity.   Nothing to fiddle with... Pick it up and shoot.  Same trigger pull all the time.

I have not yet cottoned up to our new Sigs.  (P229) I do not like the Double-action/single-action trigger.   I do not like the comparative fragility.   
Our armorer guy keeps saying we need to keep them really clean, and also to use lots of gun oil... "they like oil".   

Glocks... who cared?  Clean or no, dry or no... Absolute reliability.      
Oh well... My off-duty gun is a Glock.

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #32 - Jul 24th, 2014 at 1:04am

I like the P226 more than the 229.
Although 1911 is...

I have never gotten to shoot a Glock.
Really want to.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Mark-Harrop
Funditor

cracker of zombieskulls

worldwide
Reply #33 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:03pm

The advantage is not in the weapon, it is in the skill of the warrior who has gained proficiency in it's use.
(trying to sound all Sun Tzu)  Wink

My daughters can figure-8...

IP Logged

Mark-Harrop
Funditor

cracker of zombieskulls

worldwide
Reply #34 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:28pm

BTW, I had a tricked out AMD-65 (Hungarian AK)when I worked for BW…eotech, light, laser that would blind you and a 75 rd RPK drum that never jammed…It was accurate enough out to 300m and when that thing started barking….well, the fireball from the end of the muzzle break alone would scare the poopy out of people at night. The folding wire stock sucked but it sure did make a compact, 75 rd buzz saw. Suppressive fire was it's forte'….
We use the SIG 516s (piston M-4) at work and so far they have been very reliable. The rear sling mount sucks (in the way of the selector lever) but other than that, I love them. Venting propellant by-products into the bolt/chamber was not the greatest idea…
…and Glock all the way. A "stock"Glock, they work best when you just leave them alone. Don't get me wrong, I love 1911s, but not in combat…unless it rattles like an old AK.
I'll also take an M-249 with 200 rds of green-tip..
A 40mm MGL…
and a 12.7 NSV… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPNxWfViUUg&list=UUnkk8PT_l7ARVQ3f-I9_dzg. I love the M2 HB, but that NSV is an absolute BEAST! Just having them on our trucks was a big deterrent.

…and a sling.

Wink

My daughters can figure-8...

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #35 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 6:38pm

LIGHT SABER!! , MASTER OF THE FORCE!!, THAT GLAIVE THINGY FROM THE MOVIE KRULL. AND A SAND WORM Cheesy

"Do what thou will"Shall be the whole of the law."love is the law, love under will"

IP Logged

johnny108
Descens

Germany
Reply #36 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 5:30am

Bikewer:  Don't use oil on your Sig.  Use grease.
A thin coat of a good moly-grease will last longer, work better, and won't run away in hot weather.
This holds true for Glocks, too.
(Never had a -229 before, but, I got a Navy model 226, E-squared grips, and I've NEVER had a gun fit/shoot so naturally in my hand!)
As for the Vs. competition:
What about Cheddar Vs. Mozzarella?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #37 - Aug 25th, 2014 at 1:04pm

johnny108 wrote on Aug 25th, 2014 at 5:30am:
What about Cheddar Vs. Mozzarella?

Mozzarella flies better, but cheddar hits harder. It's a toss up.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark)