Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slinging Article (Read 1680 times)
bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Slinging Article
Jan 10th, 2014 at 8:47pm

In the current issue of American Frontiersman published by Harris Publications Inc. 1115 Broadway, New York , New York 10010, is a four page article on "Sling Through the Ages", by Will Dabbs. It's a pretty good article and covers some of the basic history of the sling along with pictures of Mr. Dabbs in action. It also cover some info on the regular elastic slingshot.
I don't know if Mr. Dabbs is a member of this Forum, but it appears he must have looked at us a time or two. Would have been nice if he gave us a plug.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Slinging Article
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:25am

I read it yesterday when I was browsing the grocery store. I think he must have read the article on the old apache "grandfather" since he says the same thing about not using the helicopter technique and using a more direct apache style.
Not a bad article at all and has some actual factual research instead of pure speculation

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
past-moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:50pm

I picked up the magazine today on a dog food run, haven't had time to read it, yet.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
past-moderator

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2014 at 7:13pm

Grin They're about to get a few more sales! I'm picking up a copy when I go buy groceries next week.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, vetryan15, Kick, joe_meadmaker)