Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Custom War Sling. (Read 1997 times)
Greenman

Krugersdorp, South Africa
Custom War Sling.
Dec 11th, 2013 at 3:19pm

Been a while. I tore something in my shoulder about 18 months ago testing my first Atlatl. Have not been able to sling. My shoulder only started working recently. I have slung some pellets, slowly building up the shoulder joint... Still pops when i try too hard.

Gave me a lot of time to rethink design based on the sling itself and ammo that can be used.

My view of life has changed. I have seen and understood things that have put everything into perspective. I owe no allegiance to anything or anyone, except my own. I get it now.

I am now working on what i call the "Asymmetrical Attrition Warfare" sling.

This sling is designed for a range of ammo to combat anything from burglars to invading armies. A poor man's rocket launcher.

Will post pics AND a complete vid on YouTube on how to build one.

That will probably be my last post.
-------------------
OK. I was in a bad place when i posted this. Wasn't too clear on what i meant. So, to clarify:

I am designing a doomsday prepper sling. The kind of sling designed to hurl chemical irritant and impact detonated sling grenades.

The 1st season fo Doomsday Preppers has started on DSTV and i am an avid viewer. I have come up with the ultimate prepper fortress and the sling will be an integral part of the defence.

So i am working on a sling and staff sling that can hurl both 150g/5 ounce pellets and chemical and explosive weapons to repel marauders. Won't be fancy, but it will be designed for heavy duty and dependability.

Will keep you updated.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2013 at 1:38pm by Greenman »  

Sweet is the music that brings out the Slings.&&The Sling. The finest guerilla weapon on Earth. (Fletch_man)&&We few, we happy few, we Hail of Slingers.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Custom War Sling.
Reply #1 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 7:55pm

Sounds intriguing but don't abandon ship! Whatever you choose, I am a big fan of yours and hope all goes well

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 8:11pm

This sounds really cool. Are you intending to abandon us here?
keep us updated on your condition and this war sling!
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2013 at 4:59pm by squirrelslinger »  

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 8:28pm

I would be extremely disappointed if you stopped posting on the forums here.  Your contributions have been entertaining, enlightening, and often fascinating. 
    Even if your shoulder prevents you from slinging as you'd like, you're an excellent sling designer.  Everyone who received your slings has loved them, myself included. 
   I'm certain that I'm not alone in wishing that you reconsider leaving us. 

IP Logged

Arcane Tinker
Funditor

Slinging everything 'cept
b.s.

Western Wisconsin
Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 10:54pm

2 words: staff sling. 

Don't leave us brother.

Safety officers and lawyers, two paying professions until the internet came along...
Arcane Tinker  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2013 at 7:07am

sympath for your injury mate.

Fortunately when i bugger up an arm or joint it always seesm to be my left - non-slinging - arm.

It would really suck to damage my slinging arm.

Life moves on - whatever you decide to do: go or stay with our good graces Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

hassan
Descens

On the path of the Benjamites

Texas, USA
Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2013 at 2:25pm

Bro. Finish that video, and I will start manufacturing those for the coming downfall of civilization and zombie apocalypse.

YOu just might be our savior lol

I really need to buy more paracord.&&And practice more.&&And braid more . . . &&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Morphy, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Kick, Rat Man)