Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sling trade for lead or another sling or ??? (Read 2583 times)
DarbukaDave
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Huntsville AL
Sling trade for lead or another sling or ???
Aug 19th, 2013 at 3:15am

I made this black and purple paracord sling a while back. Around 25 inches, 4 strands, not cored. Pouch is split and woven, with faux "netting" between the sides. It releases a bit slow for the light weight small projectiles (1.5 oz lead) I am throwing now, but works well with heavier stuff. It looks great in person. Would love to trade for a different type of sling (maybe a solid pouch of some kind?) or for some lead for making glandes.
If you live in the US, you can ship lead in a USPS priority flat rate box so shipping cost is not a problem.
Also open to other offers (sling-making materials, etc.), let me know if you have any questions,

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Re: Sling trade for lead or another sling or ???
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 6:18am

ill give you 5-10 pounds of lead for the second sling Wink
you pick... but it isn't gonna be easy to cram 10 pounds into a small box.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

DarbukaDave
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Huntsville AL
Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 7:42pm

Deal! Sorry it took me so long to reply.

IP Logged

Arcane Tinker
Funditor

Slinging everything 'cept
b.s.

Western Wisconsin
Reply #3 - Aug 26th, 2013 at 1:27pm

The smallest usps flat rate box is 8.625" x 5.375" x 1.625" on the inside, for a total volume of 75.33cu.in. lead is .409lb./cu.in.  if you cast a block of lead that fit perfectly inside the smallest box, it would weigh 30.81pounds.

If your lead was not as efficient a shape it would be less but even 10 pounds should rattle around no problem. Don't worry squirrel, you'll get er in there.

Safety officers and lawyers, two paying professions until the internet came along...
Arcane Tinker  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Bill Skinner)