Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Call of the Wildman in BIG trouble. (Read 1558 times)
slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Call of the Wildman in BIG trouble.
Jun 27th, 2013 at 4:32pm

Seems there was a show recently ( I don't watch it) that has him removing Eastern Cottonmouth snakes from a public swimming pool in Dansville, Kentucky.
  Problem was, no one from the parks dept or the city knew anything about this.  No one from Animal Planet had told them anything about filming in the pool or asked permission.
  Also, it turns out the Eastern Cottonmouth snake is not native to Western Kentucky, so where did they come from?  They were placed in the pool by the show so the Wildman could "rescue" them. I don't know what happened to them after, but if he released them, then that's a violation of the Invasive Species act.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

scoteeball

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Call of the Wildman in BIG trouble.
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2013 at 4:50pm

So much of this "reality" stuff on TV is anything but real!
Most is staged for maximum entertainment only.

"Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 9:18am

If they are in clear water in a swimming pool and you have a "catch stick", the snakes shouldn't be all that hard to catch.  If you are out in a swamp, wading around in weed choked muddy water up to your butt, it's a much different story.  I got to where I could jump straight up, draw my pistol, shoot the snake in the head, and then reload on the way down. Grin

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 8:29am

I think he catches everything by hand, no equipment, but like I said, I've never seen the show.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 11:40am

I think he has a wooden stick about 20" long, by 1" in diam.
I have seen the show multiple times (my friend loves it) and personally, its dumb.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Lugh-Lamhfada

A slinger is only as good
as his last stone

An Mhi, Ireland
Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2013 at 4:27pm

Most of the rubbish on so called documentary or education channels is fake, staged scripted.

Thats why I dont watch tv!

"Andraste Basbochorbhan"- Andraste brings death to the wicked

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2013 at 11:27am

Quote:
Most of the rubbish on so called documentary or education channels is fake, staged scripted.

Thats why I dont watch tv!

+1... thats what PA and slinging.org are for!

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Chris, Bill Skinner)