Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Bug report thread - for issues with new forum (Read 46843 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Bug report thread - for issues with new forum
Jun 14th, 2013 at 1:35pm

Please post anything you find that doesn't work as you would expect it to.

I already know about missing smilies and will sort as and when i get time.

Hopefully most things should behave -0 but if not let me know.

CA

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Re: Bug report thread - for issues with new forum
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2013 at 4:18pm

I noticed we've lost stickies and the PW Index. All members, notify me here of what's missing and I'll get to it. http://www.slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1371240992/0#0
« Last Edit: Jun 15th, 2013 at 4:53pm by Curious Aardvark »  

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 8:22am

okay I'm aware that every single link either on the forum or the internet at large is still pointing to the old forum.

Working on it - just need to find out if what I intend to do will kill everything I've spent the last week doing - or not Smiley

Bear with me.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 4:52pm

okay I know about the pictures - got to upload all the forum attachments to a new folder (some idiot deleted them this afternoon whistle ) - hopefully they'll all be working again tomorrow.
Only 14,700 files to go Smiley

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2013 at 11:58pm

Lightning fried my phone system the other day and it did damage the DSL server for the area so it may not be this program.  When I click a topic, it takes 30 seconds to a minute to load and then open.  I am not computer savvy so I don't know if it's the program, my computer or what.  Posting a message takes about the same time.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 7:57am

it's your end - sounds like you need to either replace your adsl microfilters or get the phone box rewired.

forum access yesterday (june 15th) would have been patchy anyway as I was moving all the new stuff back to the old folder having first deleted the old forum completely.

It should all be working from now on.
I still have to get all the attachments re-uploaded (only 8,000 to go) back to the file I deleted yesterday (yeah well if it was easy we wouldn't call it 'hindsight' Smiley 

After that I'll redo the template and style sheets from scratch so expect some weird cosmetic changes over the next few days.
Somewhere in the mass move around yesterday I lost the navigation bar. so redoing the templates from sacratch ought to fix that.

But on the whole - things should start to settle down in the next week.

any other: issues post here or pm me.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 8:41am

I sort of thought it probably was, I can't watch a vid, either.  The box is about waist high, it's down by the end of my driveway, after the storm, there were pieces and parts scattered all over the ditch, the wiring looked like burned spaghetti.  Oddly enough, I didn't loose phone service, everyone past me did though.  Something about where I live seems to attract lighting, I've got surge protectors on everything, I have still lost stuff to lighting. Cry

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 11:33am

I get randomly forced to log off while browsing the forum, but still go to the page I wanted (no error messages, redirects, or anything). If I click the log in button it tells me I'm already logged in and if I keep browsing I will get logged back in. Most pages are the old slinging.org template, but I can tell instantly that I've been forced off because the forum loads with the YaBB standard blue template. Every time I see a blue background I cringe. I can't post and I can't use my mod powers.

Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #8 - Jun 16th, 2013 at 11:39am

I also get a server error (500) when I try to search the forum for old posts.

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #9 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 8:15am

NOt sure if it belongs in this thread but I noticed I'm now a "senior member"! I know thats cause of my post count I'm definitely still in the beginning stages of my slinging and still am a Junior not a Senior.
Other than that logging in seems a bit buggy at times. Happy slinging!

IP Logged

Timothy Potter

Idaho
Reply #10 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 3:40pm

I don't know if it's just me, but I can't find the Market Place or the Slinger's Guide sections of the forum now. Are they gone or am I just missing something about the updated forum software?

-Timothy Potter

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #11 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 4:16pm

I can still see and navigate to both.

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #12 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 4:58pm

Put me in the "Can't see" group Smiley

And about not seeing, I don't see the "personal pictures" too.

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
If it's still moving, keep slinging !
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #13 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 5:07pm

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #14 - Jun 17th, 2013 at 5:31pm

Not allowed to see these sections

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
If it's still moving, keep slinging !
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini)