Remembering Aussie (Read 55641 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Remembering Aussie
Reply #75 - Jul 8th, 2015 at 7:17am

well he won't mind now I'll dig his post out.

he posted this back in july 2008
Quote:
Dear All,

Something truly amazing happened a few weeks ago which, being intensely personal, I was hesitant to post about generally but would like to share with you.

I have a half brother from my father's first marriage whom I had never met or had any contact with at all. All I knew was that he had fled Poland as a young adult and now lived "somewhere in the US". At 20 years my senior for all I knew he might have passed away already.

Then a few weeks ago I got an Email from a Stanley Siedlecki entitled, "Looking for my Brother" In it he stated how his father had migrated to Australia and died there years ago and other personal details which put it beyond any doubt that he was my long lost brother. Apparently he had been trying to locate me for a number of years now and even enlisted the help of the Australian Embassy. As I am almost certainly the only Ludwik Siedlecki in Australia and probably have less than a dozen namesakes worldwide I don't imagine they tried too hard to find me though.

Actually he finally located me via the article, published on this site, that I wrote about David's Sling, and joined specifically to contact me. So we now have a member, StanleySiedlecki, who has zero posts, zero PM's and has probably not been on the site since joining and has virtually no interest in slinging. But I have the expectation of soon seeing my brother whom I never expected to meet in this life. He and his wife intend visiting Australia in the near future.

He has now moved back to Poland but his business interests keep him criss-crossing the Atlantic repeatedly. His Polish is of course flawless. His English, even after half a century of living in the US, is foreign influenced southern accent, just occassionally slightly unusualy constructed betraying his Polish origins. (My Polish is pretty good esp. for someone who has never lived there.) Strong family resemblance, though he certainly doesn't look 20 years older, ie. I'm decaying faster.

Thought I'd share that with you. Funny how things work out. Also the EM address he wrote to is one I seldom use or even check and the message was less than two days old when I read it.

Regards,

Aussie.

Amazing or what Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #76 - Feb 15th, 2016 at 2:08am

You shall definitely be remembered Aussie. Even though l never did get my sling lol. Thank-you Aussie no matter where you might be

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Reply #77 - Jul 29th, 2016 at 8:45pm

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry D**m, been gone way to long from this site. Sad to hear of Aussies passing. He was a wonderful gent and eager to share his knowledge and with out his help I couldn't have gotten as far as I did in researching the Gdnask "Sling" artifact Sad

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

Loki
Descens

One with the sling I am

Clovis, Ca.
Reply #78 - Nov 2nd, 2016 at 3:23pm

I am sorry Aussie was called by Azrael, I am sure his wings are amazing. I got one of his slings and it was not used much at all. It still has his signature and #49.

Loki  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #79 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 4:33pm

Hard to believe it's been over seven years now.  My God, how time flies.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #80 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 8:02pm

Rat Man wrote on Aug 31st, 2020 at 4:33pm:
   Hard to believe it's been over seven years now.  My God, how time flies.

My top person I wish I could talk to again on here. What a great man.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #81 - Apr 25th, 2021 at 8:44am

Ludek was a one off.
When zud was here the other week, I found one of the original Aussie pouches.
With stitches not glue and predating the numbering Smiley.

It had some serious usage and I stopped using it when the stitches started to really fray.
A genuine part of global slinging history.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Gronk
Tiro

Unga bunga!

Gainesville, TX
Reply #82 - Feb 20th, 2023 at 9:02pm

I miss you, Aussie. I was one of the junior guys you sent slings to - #52a and b, actually

I passed b along to someone I was teaching, and I've kept a safely and in good repair ever since, as well as studying the fine construction to make my own in the future - a has been retired, but is to be buried with me, along with my tomahawk

I learned so much from our talks, not just slinging, but how to be less of a hot-head

Sorry I'm just now getting to post this, and wish I could have said goodbye earlier, but I'll see you one day, and we'll have to crack open a bottle, you can bring some pierogi, I'll bring some brisket, and we'll sit by a bonfire.

Farewell to a good man,
Gronk

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Curious Aardvark)