Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Remembering Aussie (Read 55707 times)
Timothy Potter

Idaho
Re: Remembering Aussie
Reply #30 - May 28th, 2013 at 10:49pm

I'm not sure if this was his very first post or not but it was made on the day he joined:

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1160636872/15

Also, I thought I'd post the verse he always put next to his name:

"And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just."  Luke 14:14

-Timothy Potter

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17
IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #31 - May 29th, 2013 at 3:29am

Nice find-- you can see Ludek already thinking about seatbelts, and indeed, the Aussiepouch !

IP Logged

_kava_

Sling making fanatic ;)

Australia
Reply #32 - May 29th, 2013 at 4:45am

RIP Ludek.

Thanks to your generosity in my early days of slinging, I was able to develop as a slinger and your slings never failed me, so I never gave up!
I will always be grateful.

_K_

_Orta recens quam pura nites_

some people are like Slinkies
     not really good for anything
        but they still bring a smile to your face
           when you push them down a flight of stairs

www.youtube.com/user/NoturnoNativa

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #33 - May 29th, 2013 at 3:35pm

his registration date keeps changing - ghost in the machine maybe Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

prd000
Tiro

slinging for life

Stuart, FL
Reply #34 - May 29th, 2013 at 6:57pm

did he at least die an honorable death? he was a good man and deserved one, i hope that he did

I've got my sling&&I am now eagerly awaiting the zombie apocalypse

IP Logged

SPOOKYSHOGUN
Tiro

Stones want to fly so
let them. Sling proudly!

California
Reply #35 - May 29th, 2013 at 7:09pm

I would just like to say that I, like all of you, am saddened by the loss of our friend. I would also like to say that I am honored to have been influenced by this man. He gave me two of his pouches, one being ideal for golf balls and one ideal for tennis balls. That changed the way that I practice. I started training with tennis balls! I started training other people with his pouch design and tennis balls, people who wouldn't have started with river stones for fear of breaking things. It seems a little thing but to me it meant the world. I saved his correspondence to me about his pouch design in my forum inbox and I'd like to post that, so here it is:

" Subject: Re: Sling pouch ?
« Date: Jul 4th, 2008, 4:53am » Hi there Mike,

For some reason I often read your slinging name as spooky SHOTGUN rather than SHOGUN. I guess the site predisposes one to thinking of weapons rather than emperors. I will be glad to send you a pouch or two so you can try them out, though I hope you won't be disappointed. They are good basic equipment but no magic; best for tennis balls and other round ammunition as the cupping prevents the ball rolling out prematurely. Being synthetic they are waterproof which can be an advantage in wet weather.

Regards,

Aussie."

So, rest in peace Aussie, you will never be forgotten.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #36 - May 29th, 2013 at 7:56pm

Thanks Aussie, I wish I had been able to know you longer.
R.I.P

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Reply #37 - May 31st, 2013 at 7:04am

The information about Aussie shocked me and made really sad. I couldn't believe it. We have exchanged a lot of PMs, I have read so many of his post. Although sometimes we had a bit different outlook on sling mechanics I always respected him as a good and clever man. Ludek was a one of the folks I have read the forum and written posts for.

I will miss your posts, Ludek. The sling I have got from you is especially valuable now. R.I.P and remember to sling the all asteroids far away from the Mother Earth.

Condolences to wife, daughter and other loved ones.

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #38 - Jun 1st, 2013 at 1:31pm

He admired your slinging and liked to write to you in Polish ! It's from your correspondance that I learned to call him Ludek, which he liked.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
past-moderator

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #39 - Jun 1st, 2013 at 5:08pm

Well, I've been trying to come up with something appropriate and heartfelt and the right words just won't come. Here are the words I have. I counted Aussie as a friend. I tried repeatedly to gift various slings and things to him which he always refused graciously and suggested I send instead to new members. I talked with Aussie regularly, if infrequently, about my health and his after he PMed me with a message of concern out of the blue. I will miss him.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

lakeslinger

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #40 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 6:33am

Last week I saw the sad news, unable to post in the forum. Being member since a few months I´ve never had the honor of direct communication with Aussie, but I´ve read a lot of his posts. Naturally I also copied his famous pouch design (with leather) and made some seatbelt slings.
Before registering I already knew the frequent writers by name and Aussie was one I´ve always appreciated.
I´ll sling some stones into the lake in his name.
R.I.P. Aussie

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

(delete)
Reply #41 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 7:52am

(delete)
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2017 at 4:11pm by AncientCraftwork »  

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

timpa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Stones in the horizon

Finland
Reply #42 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 3:07pm

R.I.P.
They manufacture slings through Aussie is alive.

IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #43 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 4:48pm

His wife is English, am I right ? He once liked the expression "smidgen" I used, since he heard it from his wife.

IP Logged

Thearos
Interfector Viris Spurii

Take that

Reply #44 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 3:23am

Last night I had a dream, of a mock battle, with tennis balls and Aussie slings, between two teams on a field, one exclusively fighting with fig-8 and one with helicopter style. The tennis balls went fast, but were still dodgeable. It was like funerary games.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Curious Aardvark)