Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slings, braiding, custom work and tutorials. (Read 4682 times)
Timothy Potter

Idaho
Slings, braiding, custom work and tutorials.
May 24th, 2013 at 2:40pm

I recently upgraded my old sling making website, so I thought I'd go ahead and post a link to it here in the Market Place. I've redone most of my old braiding and sling making tutorials, and I've added a few new ones too. I've also tried to clarify the custom ordering instructions, and I now have some ready made slings available for purchase. My picture gallery is expanded to include many of my recent projects as well.

So, here's the link to my homepage: http://www.seekyee.com/Slings/

I'd love to hear any feedback/comments/suggestions for my new site, especially from any of you who were familiar with my old one.

Enjoy!

-Timothy Potter

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17
IP Logged

Mrn31

I am a man who walks alone...

Poland
Re: Slings, braiding, custom work and tutorials.
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2013 at 6:32pm

I love your upodated site, layout rocks Wink

I hope you'll add some new stuff sometimes. And my little suggestions - if you can, put photos in higher resolutions, it helps when someone stucks - once, when I've made first Tut's, I fail about ~3 times because of small pictures on your website (I used your tutorial), which were small and didn't shows details, which I wanted. Moreover it's good.

IP Logged

Timothy Potter

Idaho
Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 12:41pm

Mrn31 wrote on Jun 1st, 2013 at 6:32pm:
I love your upodated site, layout rocks Wink

I hope you'll add some new stuff sometimes. And my little suggestions - if you can, put photos in higher resolutions, it helps when someone stucks - once, when I've made first Tut's, I fail about ~3 times because of small pictures on your website (I used your tutorial), which were small and didn't shows details, which I wanted. Moreover it's good.

Thanks for your comments; I'm glad you like the new look and layout. I think your idea about the picture resolution is a good one. When I made the first Tut sling instructions, I had to use small pictures because my web host had limits on my disk space usage. That's not the case now, but it's a lot of work to redo all the pictures, so I haven't bothered about it yet. Thanks for the suggestion!

-Timothy Potter

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him." Colossians 3:17
IP Logged

Mrn31

Poland
Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2013 at 5:32pm

Quote:
Thanks for your comments; I'm glad you like the new look and layout. I think your idea about the picture resolution is a good one. When I made the first Tut sling instructions, I had to use small pictures because my web host had limits on my disk space usage. That's not the case now, but it's a lot of work to redo all the pictures, so I haven't bothered about it yet. Thanks for the suggestion!

-Timothy Potter

I surmised, that that was a problem with not enough space on disk Smiley However it'll make easier way to make own Tut for people, who want to have one.

IP Logged

Mrn31

Poland
Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 5:57am

It's me, one more time. This link doesn't work ("4-strand flat braid #2"):

http://www.seekyee.com/Slings/howtos/4strand3.htm

IP Logged

Timothy Potter

Idaho
Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 2:27pm

Mrn31 wrote on Jun 4th, 2013 at 5:57am:
It's me, one more time. This link doesn't work ("4-strand flat braid #2"):

http://www.seekyee.com/Slings/howtos/4strand3.htm

Many thanks!

I must have missed that file during the upload. It should work now.

-Timothy Potter

IP Logged

Mrn31

Poland
Reply #6 - Jun 4th, 2013 at 2:51pm

Yup, now work Smiley

IP Logged

bluecanary
Novicius

Dexai

Utah
Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2013 at 9:58pm

I must give you many thanks to you for the tutorials on your website! VERY helpful!

IP Logged

deerdude68
Tiro

SWAG!

TX
Reply #8 - Dec 11th, 2013 at 10:20pm

yeah, i never really understood braiding till after i actually saw it.

thanks Roll Eyes

Swag+Slinging+Kid-Thats-Crazy=BESERK MODE!!!!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Bill Skinner)