Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sling-Battle Slinging should be like dodgeball (Read 4477 times)
slingmoore
Tiro

sling: simple, ancient,
powerful

West Bengal, India
Sling-Battle Slinging should be like dodgeball
Apr 18th, 2013 at 7:23am

I was so excited to see this area of discussion on slinging as a sport.  I have this to add.  I always envisioned slinging as a kind of dodgeball game that just hurts more and requires more skill.  We could use some kind of standardized sort-of-soft projectile, like footbags or tennis balls.  Catching a projectile could out the slinger and bring in fallen comrades which would encourage hard fast slinging and up the value of skill in accuracy.  We could have some limits on sling-length so no one gets popped by the triggers...require racquetball goggles (and maybe groin cups for safety) and use a standard soccer ball field, or maybe a tennis court (which would provide so shielding behind the nets.  We could even add a capture-the-flag element to encourage one team to storm the back end of the enemy's field.  I am just going to throw this out there... Let's get together next year.  Let's try to do a sling convention in a couple of years say the summer of 2014 somewhere in the middle of where we all live, our beloved slinging.org organizer could earn some money, we could have an entrance fee or something.  Those of us that make and sell could hawk our wares, and we could have competitions on distance, accuracy, and play this sling-battle game till we're all black and blue.  Slinging.org...would you consider organizing this?  Help us sling.org-kenobe you're our only hope.

Glen&&slingmoore.com, dedicated to the most simple ancient and powerful throwing tool in the world under two ounces.
IP Logged

LightSlinger
Forum Moderation
slingingsport

All things in Moderation...
Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Re: Sling-Battle Slinging should be like dodgeball
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:11am

Check out the Funda Ball post.  It quite similar to what your saying here.  It has some accuracy requirements, (targets to shoot at) and aspects of dodgeball as well.  I think you'll like it..

Slinging Sport Rank: TIRO.   Highest Merit Award: Sling Crafter 3
I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space
"A sling is a dependent weapon, relying on you for basically everything but mechanical advantage..."

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 3:12pm

LightSlinger wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:11am:
Check out the Funda Ball post.  It quite similar to what your saying here.  It has some accuracy requirements, (targets to shoot at) and aspects of dodgeball as well.  I think you'll like it..

lightslinger, FUNDA-BALL slings at TARGETS, NOT the opposing team. Now if I am playing funda-ball, I will go for the target at close range and then some power shots at the general to freak him out.Smiley

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Forum Moderation
slingingsport

Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 3:29pm

squirrelslinger wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 3:12pm:
Check out the Funda Ball post.  It quite similar to what your saying here.  It has some accuracy requirements, (targets to shoot at) and aspects of dodgeball as well.  I think you'll like it..

lightslinger, FUNDA-BALL slings at TARGETS, NOT the opposing team. Now if I am playing funda-ball, I will go for the target at close range and then some power shots at the general to freak him out.Smiley

Actually, shots can be made at any player for any reason..  The only player you get a score for hitting is the general.

I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space
"A sling is a dependent weapon, relying on you for basically everything but mechanical advantage..."

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 4:28pm

LightSlinger wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 3:29pm:
squirrelslinger wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 3:12pm:

Actually, shots can be made at any player for any reason..  The only player you get a score for hitting is the general.

I know, thats my point.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Forum Moderation
slingingsport

Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 4:46pm

Uh...  Okay..

I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 7:01pm

LightSlinger wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 4:46pm:
Uh...  Okay..

My point is that I want to be able to have a NON points based system with a dodgeball game, or a 3 hits your out kind of deal.

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Forum Moderation
slingingsport

Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #7 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 7:24pm

Great!  Think one up and post it!

I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 7:49pm

LightSlinger wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 7:24pm:
Great!  Think one up and post it!

Will do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, LightSlinger)