Send Topic Print
Incendiaries (Read 8519 times)
paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Incendiaries
Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:53pm

ok, so this is my first post in a long while. but i was wondering if we had made any advancements of incendiary rounds, worked them out and found a way?

Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Re: Incendiaries
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:59pm

paracordslinger wrote on Mar 13th, 2013 at 5:53pm:
ok, so this is my first post in a long while. but i was wondering if we had made any advancements of incendiary rounds, worked them out and found a way?

Not... THermite:)
Yet....
But, maybe. Arcane Tinkerer made a titanium chainmaille sling for throwing very, very hot projectiles.
I have used a chainmaille sling and made a tutorial, its called Squirrel-mail. Ill find the thread.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 7:10pm

Check out the "slinging fireworks" thread:)

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 5:33am

well yes, but your best bet is youtube.
Please don't post recipes on slinging.org
I will allow links to youtube videos.
Don't think anyone can blame us for what's posted on youtube  Wink

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
past-moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2013 at 8:25pm

We have had a few attempts, luckily no one got killed or maimed.  That's not a joke, improvised munitions are unfrikkingbelievably dangerous.  A cool and safe alternative is taping a piece of fuse to a rock or tennis ball.  It doesn't blow up but it can still catch things on fire if you aren't careful.

IP Logged

lobohunter
Interfector Viris Spurii

where be a rock and a
string there be a sling

Cottage Grove or
Reply #5 - Mar 16th, 2013 at 8:33pm

Small moctov's made. With baby food. Jars work very well

Albert Scott C bigbadwolf41 77940+hwy+99+south,+Spc+22  
IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #6 - Mar 24th, 2013 at 1:54pm

I found something,that works surprisingly,as it looks cheap.

You take ~7 pieces of 3-4mm steel BB's and pack them in 1 layer of alu foil,accompanied with 9 "shots" of cap gun powder. Just press the foil slightly,also don't worry the caps need a sharp shock or a very strong pressure to explode.

Then you take this small stuffed  foil ball ,and place it inside any powder you wish,and inside any casing you wish.
I tested 2 of these inside a ceramic egg and both worked excellently,ignited upon impact,even though the soil was very moist and soft.
I used a smoke powder,made a great spotter round.

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2013 at 4:52pm

As one who almost blew his fingers off with a Hammer Head (big firecracker), I can tell you that things can go wrong that you don't expect, and when they go wrong it happens quickly.  I'm against slinging incendiaries.  Sorry for being a party pooper.  My advice is don't do it.

IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 4:00am

I wouldn't do this with a exp. powder either. So i stick with smoke mix.

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Arcane Tinker
Funditor

Slinging everything 'cept
b.s.

Western Wisconsin
Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2013 at 11:51am

R-candy.
I've tried to find a pic I posted a long time ago. It was a picture of a morningstar cestros sling gripping a beverage bottle around the neck...I'm sure your imagination can finish that thought.

Safety officers and lawyers, two paying professions until the internet came along...
Arcane Tinker  
IP Logged

johnny108
Descens

Germany
Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2013 at 4:09pm

Remember the old "snap cap/fun snap" fireworks?- little wads of wax paper with a bit of sand and fulminate in them?  Kept dry, by, say- flash paper, then plastic wrap, you could sling a burrito-sized package (napalm filled ziplok bag, wrapped with flashpaper, ignited by snap caps, or a fuze).  The caps hit something hard, ignite the paper, which burns through the plastic, and ignites the gelled gasoline (dissolve styrofoam in gas- add powdered metal and oxidizers for greater effects).
Throwing "fireworks" is for entertainment.  Throwing an "incendiary" is for causing damage with heat and flame.

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #11 - Mar 29th, 2013 at 1:15pm

Ideally you want something farily stable, detonates on shock, and doesn't run by a fuse.

I haven't tried this of course, but theoretically tennis balls stuffed with strike-anywhere matches and strikers would combust on impact with something hard.

The other method would be theortically like making an explosive arrow with a shotgun primer, bb or tack, and a combustion agent inside your projectile.

As long as you get a good spiral it should work fine. Theoretically.  Wink

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Arcane Tinker
Funditor

Slinging everything 'cept
b.s.

Western Wisconsin
Reply #12 - Mar 29th, 2013 at 7:50pm

Dan, we can't discount chemical reaction incendiaries.  There are many different recipes, most of them with commonly available ingredients.  I won't list any of them in detail here, but they really aren't hard to find on the internet if you know how to look.  My personal favorite is a binary concoction of stop juice and recreational algicide...I won't spoon-feed anyone anything more than this though.

Safety officers and lawyers, two paying professions until the internet came along...
Arcane Tinker  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #13 - Mar 30th, 2013 at 1:01pm

I'll say it again - no recipes please - you know who you are Smiley

We do have a wide age mixture on slinging.org and I'd hate for any of our younger - or older for that matter - members to hurt themselves with something they read here.

What you read elsewhere is your own business, I can't be held repsonsible for that  Wink

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

"Riding through this world
all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Reply #14 - Mar 30th, 2013 at 4:58pm

I have been using smoke bombs (firework store) in paintball and slinging them around the battlefield. But I am very careful of this only slinging when im positive it is clear. If im not I toss them.

“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,& Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,& Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,& One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne & In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.& One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,& One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.&&In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.” J.R.R. Tolkien

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Kick, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Rat Man, Chris, Morphy)