Send Topic Print
an idea (Read 1472 times)
Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
an idea
Dec 21st, 2012 at 9:19pm

Hi,  how about we add a discussion place for hunting and hunters,  not everyone has to go there if they dont want to,  just a place to talk strictly for hunters.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Re: an idea
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 11:51pm

The mods will talk about it with C_A and get back to you with a solution to our current problems posting about hunting. In general, though; the fewer subforums the better.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: an idea
Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2012 at 12:58pm

No. We don't need a hunting section - this is not a hunting forum.

The whole issue was not about hunting. It was a very particularly flavoured thread.

For the record this is either the first or at most second thread featuring dead animals I've ever vetoed.
I can assure you were I sticking rigidly to me personal philosophy there would have been dozens of threads removed or locked. But that's not how I run the forum.

For once and for all get it into your heads - this is not a hunting issue. It is a 'look at the things I can kill with my slingshot' thread issue.

It's a subjective thing and every now and then (twice in 5 years so far) someone will post something I find unavoidably objectionable and will block.
It's not a rules issue, it's definitely not a hunting issue. It's simply my personal objection to a thread that does not belong on the forum.

It's not up for debate - I have explained my reasoning in minute detail to the point that anyone who still does not understand - is being deliberately ignorant.

As far as I'm aware in the last year all of the mods have killed threads that I would personally have not killed.
That was their call and I backed them.

This one was my call.

Have a happy christmas and a more understanding new year Smiley   

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Rat Man)