Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Surplus Slings for Sale (Read 1966 times)
woodssj

That lake isn't going
to fill itself, y'know...

'Round & about, Here and there
Surplus Slings for Sale
Nov 21st, 2012 at 9:38pm

Ladies and Gents,
     Unfortunately, I don't have a camera that functions, so I can't put up pictures of these slings, but they're pretty simple affairs. They are taking over my apartment, and I am frequently making more as fast as I can as an exercise in calming down and perfecting a skill, so I can have at least one to show for myself.  I am willing to part with them for a combination of the space they take up and five dollars, mostly to cover shipping via USPS.

The Arsenal is as follows:

There are 6 Strand folded Braided Balearic Slings per the Malicora tourism site, made of Cotton, no leather. I have about eight of these, all more or less 1m.

There is ONE Cotton KING TUT sling, same length. Same price.

There are TWO Jute Balearic slings of the same pattern as above, but made with 9 strings doubled. They're a bit more significant and heftier, and feel a bit more ancient west, as opposed to ancient Cotton-growing areas. One is plain brown Jute, other is plain and green.

PM if interested, and we can set something up.  I need the room, and you need a source of cheap, historically accurate slings to fend off the Legions of the Novae Romanae with.

Confused Archaeologists are the best Archaeologists.

IP Logged

woodssj

That lake isn't going
to fill itself, y'know...

'Round & about, Here and there
Re: Surplus Slings for Sale
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2012 at 11:03am

Tut's Gone.

Recap:

Two Jute Big Balearics,

Six (Not 8) cotton Balearics.

Confused Archaeologists are the best Archaeologists.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner)