Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New arrowheads and bone container. (Read 1499 times)
Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
New arrowheads and bone container.
Nov 13th, 2012 at 8:32pm

Hallo friends!
I'd like to show you, my newest primitive items: 3 arrowheads and a bone container.
Please note that I haven't done these items, as I'll write below.

A couple of friend went to the USA for their honeymoon last October, and somewhere around the Mohave Desert they bought me these 3 arrowheads replicas:
Any further information about these arrowheads would be appreciated: such as the context in which they were used, a datation, etc... The first 2 are made of flint, but the green one is made of a stone I can't recognize; any tip? Also, my friends found an original arrowhead in the desert, but they left it there. What a pity  Smiley

And during my stay in La Spezia, I visited the Archaeological Museum, where I bought this bone container:
It's really well made, and it's the replica of a Roman Age multi-purpose container, a very common type in Region Liguria, as described in Genova Romana: mercato e cittą dalla tarda Etą Repubblicana a Diocleziano, Marco Milanese, 1993.
It's made of 8 rectangular bone plates, polished and glued together around a rounded base. Another rounded top makes the cap. Everything is decorated with geometrical engravings, made with a saw.
I like this replica because of some tiny imperfections that shows the work of man.  Smiley
Greetings,
Mauro.

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus)