Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Is chat ever active? (Read 12558 times)
GIMike

Slinging Rocks!

Oklahoma City, OK
Is chat ever active?
Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:13pm

I was just curious if there was any particular time when chat was active.  I've tried it a few times when I'm here at work.  Being web based, it's one of the few I can get to behind our firewall Smiley

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Re: Is chat ever active?
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 12:33pm

Not much. When I had a computer I would pull it up in another window when I got in the forum, but unless there's an organized event the chat is usually dead.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 2:37pm

I go to the General link then count the bodies at the bottom. if there are 6 or more.
I'll some times open a chat window in a different tab then start an I'm in chat topic.

I'll usually pick up 3 or 4 willing to chat.. generally takes 10-15 min for everyone to assemble in the chat room. We have tried scheduling but that has not worked out well. I tried for a while to promote check the chat room on the 20s ie on the hour, 20 past the hour and 40 past the hour...that also didn't work out ...

for a while in a land far far away and once upon a time there was a moderator who hosted a weekly chat and kind of moderated the chat ... which worked after a fashion ... hard to schedule a good world wide chat window.

I think posting an "I'm in chat" topic works as well as anything I've seen on the forum.

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Dilyan Ganev

Hard rocks...

Balkans, Bulgaria, Burgas
Reply #3 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 3:13pm

I have a problem with the logging in into the chat room, does anyone else have the same problem?

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #4 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 3:49pm

Dilyan Ganev wrote on Oct 16th, 2012 at 3:13pm:
I have a problem with the logging in into the chat room, does anyone else have the same problem?

Had an enormous problem getting a chat login window

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #5 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 3:54pm

5 members in the chat now and somehow I can't login  Tongue when I click on the log in button the screen opens but then rapidly closes again

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #6 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 4:07pm

Had same problem with fire fox and ie ... went and acquired an old version of avant ... I logged in with that .... still had to mash the fool out of the login (a lot of rapid presses) before a login window would stay in place.

IP Logged

GIMike

Slinging Rocks!

Oklahoma City, OK
Reply #7 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 5:28pm

We had it active for a little while anyway Smiley  Got a few of us in there.  Thanks for joining those of you who did!

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #8 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 2:12am

we had a system going where if we were on the forum, we would all agree to pull up the chat. We'd also post in a thread stating we were on, and what time it was (including time zone). This let others know. If the post was over an hour ago, chances are that user already left, so we could save some time.

Nothing against doing the same with this thread, seeing that's it's already here

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #9 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 3:02am

All of you who weren't there 11 hours ago, you have missed a nice talk on duck cooking and the use of duck grease.

Teg, if yo have too much duck on sunday, you can try a second serving with apple slices instead of potatoes and mushroom.

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
If it's still moving, keep slinging !
IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Reply #10 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 5:05am

Caldou wrote on Oct 17th, 2012 at 3:02am:
All of you who weren't there 11 hours ago, you have missed a nice talk on duck cooking and the use of duck grease.

Teg, if yo have too much duck on sunday, you can try a second serving with apple slices instead of potatoes and mushroom.

Mhh... Slightly cooked apple slices with duck on honey sauce... A poem in the pan...

For the duck on honey with potatoes, mushrooms and persil (with or without crème fraîche): I thought a little drip of high quality balsamico over it before serving could match perfectly.

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #11 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 8:59am

When we had an "Are you on chat" thread it was a good bit more active. I had at least 2 chats thus far but I would really like to have more regarding The Slinger's Guide.

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

GIMike

Slinging Rocks!

Oklahoma City, OK
Reply #12 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 10:11am

Since I usually have about 50 open IE windows anyway, I'll open it up every day in case anybody decides they want to come in and say hi

IP Logged

Donnerschlag
Interfector Viris Spurii

I put the 'K' in "Kwality"!

Portland, OR
Reply #13 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 1:51pm

We have a chat program? Tongue

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that shows you tried."
-Bob Ross

IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #14 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 2:47pm

right under the "home" button, next to the "return to homepage" one Wink

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
If it's still moving, keep slinging !
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar)