Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I have leather and wool (Read 3145 times)
farmerdave
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Sunny Colorado
I have leather and wool
Aug 1st, 2012 at 5:55pm

I posted something about this elsewhere, but thought I'd take a cast over in this hole, too. I have LOTS of gaudy, shiny, textured leather that was destined for the dumpster, but is in PERFECT condition. If you want the "hers" part of a "his & hers" sling set, or whatever, I can help. Offer me something, I guess, and we'll talk. Smiley Oh, yeah, and I raise navajo churro sheep and I have 1 llama, so if you want wool or yarn, that'll be doable, too. Soon (winter) I'll be making traditional apache slings from wool and brain-tanned deerhide- I'm curious if there's interest here in that.

IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

"Riding through this world
all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Re: I have leather and wool
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 6:57pm

INTERESTED in some of that leather about trading for.some of my chainmaille

“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,& Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,& Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,& One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne & In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.& One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,& One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.&&In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.” J.R.R. Tolkien

IP Logged

ghost0311-8541

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 11:56am

i would trade you a flat band slingshot for a sling made out of wool and leather.

IP Logged

mitchrobinson

"Speak softly and carry
a big stick"

Sweet Home, Oregon, USA
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 10:23pm

What kinds of things are you interested in trading for dearskin once that happens?

IP Logged

farmerdave
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Sunny Colorado
Reply #4 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 10:33am

@ghost0311-8541- I'd love to have a flat-band slingshot- I'll have to get to work on a sling. It might take some time to figure out how to handle the stretchiness of wool. I may need to learn some new braiding techniques. I'll let you know when the r&d is finished. Or would you settle for hand-spun flax and leather? That's probably a better material, anyway.

@mitchrobinson- I only have one deerskin right now, and it is not yet tanned. I may wait till I have several to do at once, since it seems more efficient that way. Hunting season starts soon, so I'll put out some feelers to try and get some more skins (I'm not hunting this year- no freezer space as I will have lamb, rabbit and good local beef to fill it). Or I'll do the lamb skins and the deerskins as a batch. Let me build up an inventory (over the winter, probably) and in the meantime I'll think about what I might trade. What kinds of things do you have to offer?

IP Logged

ghost0311-8541

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 12:52pm

flax is fine with me are right or left handed

IP Logged

farmerdave
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Sunny Colorado
Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 1:17pm

Ghost- right handed, but hold off till I tell you I'm close to finished- it might take some time to get the spinning done. I'm in the middle of canning season now, then there's the apple harvest, then butchering lambs. I'll get started right away, but can't devote all day to it. Sorry for the delay, and if you get a better offer, jump on it. Also, I just made some slingshot frames that could be modified for flat bands- maybe you'd just trade a few band sets? I'm using chained rubber bands right now, and they work great, but flat bands are supposed to be the bomb!

IP Logged

ghost0311-8541

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #7 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 2:00pm

hey when ever i can wait till you have the time to get it done i make a few a week or month depends on how many ball games and tournements i am playing in

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini)