Send Topic Print
ASK QUESTIONS HERE (Read 108873 times)
Curious Aardvark
Slinging.org Administrator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Re: ASK QUESTIONS HERE
Reply #900 - Oct 17th, 2016 at 4:12pm

nope there was a thread a while back where someone did make a sling with adjustable length cords. Some sort of special knots i think. Should be findable in the search if it's not in the index.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One - works for me Smiley
  IP Logged
coyoteslinger
Novicius

SW Slinger

Navajo Sling Use?
Reply #901 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 12:37pm

I was wondering if anyone has any information of use of the sling by the Navajo. I would assume they did as there are collections containing Ute and Apache slings. I'm working on a university paper on the slings of the SW and would really like to get some citeable info on Navajo slings.

I've looked over at the Project Goliath page to no luck, any help would be appreciated thanks!

WWW   IP Logged
WojtekimbieR
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #902 - Dec 10th, 2016 at 8:17am

Found this in the FAQ but the link's broken, can anyone point me to the way of tying this pouch?

http://slinging.org/index.php?page=making-a-simple-string-sling-an-illustrated-g...

IP Logged
walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #903 - Dec 10th, 2016 at 8:31pm

It's a sheepshank sling. There is a half hitch at both ends. Run the cords through the small opening that is created when you tie the half hitches and you are good to go. You can also add a weaver and make a solid pouch.  Wink

Perseverence furthers
  IP Logged
WojtekimbieR
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #904 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 4:20pm

Thank you Walter
I was going to make some (actually 20) slings for a class but don't have nearly the time to braid each, nor enough leather/seatbelt for that many solid pouches. Sheepshank's gonna be perfect.

IP Logged
walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #905 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 7:19pm

You are welcome and good luck with your class Smiley

Perseverence furthers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 
Send Topic Print