Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Slinging.org android app :-) (Read 15795 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Slinging.org android app :-)
Jun 3rd, 2012 at 1:39pm

don't get too excited.
all it does is create an icon that is a shortcut to the site on your android device and opens the site in a full screen, clean environment.

It's a start -  and now I've got a decent android tablet, I'll be playing around with app software Smiley
Would be nice if I could change the apps icon, the appsgeyser site doesn't let you do anything like that.
That'll have to be slinging.org 2.0  Wink

Anyway, here's version 1.0.

Click here for the first slinging.org app

And all you folk with apple kit:-   Tongue Smiley

Once I've figured out all the angles, I'll probably see about getting it published on google play (the new, more confusing, name for android market)
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2012 at 7:32am by Curious Aardvark »  

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Re: Slinging.org android app :-)
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2012 at 5:57pm

Shocked
You DEFINITELY deserve that glans  Grin
Seriously, thank you for what you're doing to promote the forum!
Mauro.

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 7:31am

it's a start Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2012 at 9:04pm

Very, Very impressive! I like it. Wink

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 4:45am

Brilliant*, downloading it right now.

New android users: download app, tap the downloaded file (should be slinging.org.apk). You might get a message box that says your security settings don't let you download non market sources. Hit okay, it'll direct you to your app settings area. Hit the check box that says "allow unknown sources". Hit install, then okay. From then on it'll be like any other app Smiley

Screenshot of GD:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg545/scaled.phpserver=545&filename=44372117.png&...

So far the only main benefit is that the keyboard is a lot more responsive. Otherwise a few aftermarket browsers might be a bit faster, but rendering won't be as good  Smiley

Wow I just used brilliant instead of 'dope' 'nice' or 'cool' I feel so British new hehehe......crap I need to get sleep before I post something really bad.  Tongue

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 4:25pm

Cool Nice app

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 6:28pm

Hmm, is there any chance of getting tapatalk to work on our forum? It's a paid app, but I recall certain forums have been able to use tapatalk's technology and make standalone apps that are free for users.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 10:13am

doubtful.
the forum software is very old.

I have looked into upgrading - but never yet seen a forum where that didn't cause major problems.
So kind of put that on hold for the time being.

IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

"Riding through this world
all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:40pm

Do you guys merchant a tech. Guy I run a website for my troop and server that the website is on I build my own computers repair and upgrade I could help Cool

“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,& Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,& Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,& One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne & In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.& One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,& One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.&&In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.” J.R.R. Tolkien

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2012 at 9:14pm

Can you repeat that with a little more punctuation? I don't know what you're saying.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2012 at 9:56am

Sorry I'm crap with grammar. But the problem you are having is the HTML code is not up to date. But I can help with that as I habe said I run multiple servers for websites. So I could help with upgrading and mostly any other website issue. I might only be 13 but I am a total computer geek.

So there's the grammarized version

“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,& Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,& Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,& One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne & In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.& One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,& One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.&&In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.” J.R.R. Tolkien

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 7:42am

lmao - thanks, but it's not just an html issue and like I said - if it's not broke, I'm not going to try and fix it Smiley

For the record I've been building and fixing computers professionally, almost twice as long as you've been alive.

Ah for the era of the truly floppy disc when the os and all the programs fitted onto 180k piece of shiny disc shaped video tape (brief pause for a long nostalgic sigh.....................................)

At the moment the forum is nice and clean, no spam, no other issues I'm aware of. And that's how I like it Smiley

It's not that I question your ability, well maybe a bit  Wink
modofying forum software requires a level of precision and attention to detail, that I've never encountered in any teenager.

PLus I just don't care about tapatalk Smiley  

This forum is non-profit, so we don't actually go looking for lots of new members. They come to us, we're unique. If you have an interest in slings - eventually you'll end up here. There's no other alternative.

And if you look at tho forum traffic, we have stupid amounts of visitors.
The other thing is that adding extra html to a site or forum is a great way to add security bugs. Which we definitely don't want.

IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 7:58am

OK no problem But I have a challenge for you me and my girlfriend built a 12 clynder Stirling engine and it powers a old computer beat that use it during blackouts and such for emergency communication

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2012 at 8:26am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 at 7:42am:
At the moment the forum is nice and clean, no spam

Aaaah the Winter Crusade...

...we're all loyal to the Forum, My Lord.
Greetings,
Mauro.

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #14 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 1:06pm

Sasquatchslinger wrote on Aug 10th, 2012 at 7:58am:
OK no problem But I have a challenge for you me and my girlfriend built a 12 clynder Stirling engine and it powers a old computer beat that use it during blackouts and such for emergency communication

good for you Smiley

How old a computer ?

I did actually add it up. Had my first 'computer' (museum piece) when I was 14 - so almost 30 years ago.
a zx81 with a whole 1Kilobyte of ram ! Added a 16k ram pack that would overheat and cause the computer to die after about an hour.
Amazing how little has changed really - the biggest problem with modern pc's is still over heating.
Probably built my first pc from scratch (with bits that shouldn't really have worked together - but I couldn't aford bits that did , so built it anyway) about 20 years ago.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini)