Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Slinging.org android app :-) (Read 15794 times)
Sasquatchslinger

"Riding through this world
all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Re: Slinging.org android app :-)
Reply #15 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 4:23pm

2000-2004 we had great fun building it best thing at a good rate that you can do is play solitaire so email and the Linux OS works great on it

“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,& Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,& Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,& One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne & In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.& One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,& One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.&&In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.” J.R.R. Tolkien

IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Reply #16 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 4:28pm

Once I get enough money I will put pics of the gaming pc I'm building using the obsidian 650 case looks amazing gonna fill all thousand harddrive bays to sigh I love being a computer geek no matter what everyone else says (I'm bullied a lot so this four helps a lot I get to be my self and not act )

“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,& Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,& Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,& One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne & In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.& One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,& One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.&&In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.” J.R.R. Tolkien

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #17 - Aug 13th, 2012 at 8:04am

1000 harddrive bays.
And you wonder why I have my doubts  Wink

Quote:
- Drive Bays: 5.25" x 4 & 3.5"/2.5" x 6

So assuming you just use solid state drives and don't use an internal dvd drive - you could fit in 10 max Smiley

Actually it will be interesting to see what you come up with - most people have absolutely no idea how to build a gaming system. They just go for the most expensive, newest bits of kit they can afford.
Which is completely wrong.

You have to balance the entire system so that you have minimum bottlenecks. Matching similiar speed components is far more important than just buying the most expensive kit you can.
Stability is also much more important than most people realise. What use is playing halo 7 at 10,000 frames per second (see hyperbole is catching) if it crashes every 5 minutes ?

So yeah, interested in what you build Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Reply #18 - Aug 13th, 2012 at 9:38am

I was going to use 1 mecanical 1TB drives and eventually fill the rest with SSD s and yeah I've built multiple gaming computers so this isn't my first Tim e in th's rodeo and I hate when a kid in my class buys a 1000-2000$ but I build mine for 1000-1500$ and It's way better and they say there's is better well mine is cleaner has more air flow and is more custimizable because I know mine inside out and can repair my own way cheaper then having a company do a crapp y job for 100$

IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Reply #19 - Aug 13th, 2012 at 9:39am

I was exaggerating FYI because there's more th en some cases I've seen OK  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #20 - Aug 15th, 2012 at 9:06am

lol you're talking to someone who used to have to take hacksaw to cases because they weren't designed properly and when you fitted a drive the lid no longer fitted.

I've also ducktaped, velcroed, hot glued and epoxy resined drives into place in my time.

Cases are almost never designed by someone who has ever built a computer Smiley

OH yeah and your signature quote - should actually read: J RR Tolkien - not gandalf.
  Wink

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

mitchrobinson

"Speak softly and carry
a big stick"

Sweet Home, Oregon, USA
Reply #21 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 6:36am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Aug 15th, 2012 at 9:06am:
I've also ducktaped, velcroed, hot glued and epoxy resined drives into place in my time.

Yes but have you installed case fans using twist ties? Grin  Nix the hacksaw and go for a single speed Dremel.  It is the most perfect tool for case modifications out there; you will not be disappointed.  

Drilling additional screw holes and cutting vents in the side panel directly above(or next to) the CPU fan for an additional case fan is a great Dremel project to try.  Extending the life of your CPU and reducing strain on the CPU fan will pay for the Dremel itself.

Sasquatchslinger:  All those thousands of dollars can be wasted in a matter of seconds if proper cooling and airflow is not allowed as well.  

Curious Aardvark wrote on Aug 15th, 2012 at 9:06am:
Cases are almost never designed by someone who has ever built a computer

And are NEVER deburred it seems.  We all have scars to prove it!  Grin

IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Reply #22 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 1:46pm

Mitch that's my biggest concern and why I chose this new case because there's a lot of room in it and I'm putting in aftermarket fans in it.

IP Logged

mitchrobinson

"Speak softly and carry
a big stick"

Sweet Home, Oregon, USA
Reply #23 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 2:46pm

If you're willing to sling that kind of dough into a project pc, you may as well try some kind of water-cooling system.  Haven't tried that ever as water and electronics are like matter and anti-matter! Shocked  But people who use them say there is NO alternative.

IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Reply #24 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 3:11pm

I have been testing water cooling in curb computers so I can know if it is safe or not has been going good and I'm dumping a lot of money in it because it is my first build since 2008

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #25 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 6:49am

you pretty much only need water cooling if you're overclocking the processor.

Which always adds instability into a system, no matter how cool you can keep it.

Used to do that sort of thing way back when. But processors are so quick these days that it's never necessary. The processor is never going to be your bottle neck.

IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Reply #26 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 7:59am

Yeah I'm not over cloking but I'm going with the i7 2200k processor fron intel

IP Logged

Cavemanzhi

Teaching stones to fly!

Cambridgeshire, UK
Reply #27 - Feb 15th, 2013 at 1:56pm

Looks good on my home screen C_A!  Cool

"Sir, that guy is stealing stones from the rock garden again."

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #28 - Feb 16th, 2013 at 3:01pm

cool Smiley

I could do with getting hold of some kind of android development system so I can at least change the bloody icon Smiley

Got so many irons in the fire at the moment though, that I can't see the flames !
So it'll have to wait Smiley

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #29 - Feb 27th, 2013 at 8:46pm

LOL, I edited the computer I am using. hard drive used to be a crappy 50gb model, origional, POS. upgraded to 500gb 2 years ago, planning to put a 1tb in it. running Ubuntu(with some slight edits) and quad I7 cores. I get laughed at at school sometimes, but when some kids see the sims I am running off of me flash drive, their laughter changes to "how in ******** did you do that? Where did you get that?" I wound up putting fruit ninga and a bunch of other Ipod games on a TI-84 silver plus graphing calc and might be renting it to people, cause they LOVE it! I get bugged every day in every class- "did you bring your calculator?" In my CTA class, I got practically mobbed once i finished the projects. It is rather hilarious.
-Squirrel

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris)