Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Many more Slinging videos to come! (Read 4931 times)
Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Re: Many more Slinging videos to come!
Reply #15 - May 1st, 2012 at 1:30am

Nick, my young mate. Just slow down a tiny bit. You launch into your throw the instant your pouch is loaded. Take only a few seconds to settle yourself and concentrate on the target. That computer between your ears is the most amazing thing in the universe but even it has to do a bit of number crunching to put you right on target.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Camo-sling
Interfector Viris Spurii

Forge your own path.

Australia
Reply #16 - May 2nd, 2012 at 5:57am

Morphy wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 1:13am:
Good slinging Camo.  I wish I could tell for sure where the stones were hitting... but even the little I could see the grouping seemed good. We need to get you to the Balearic competition this year.  Smiley

Morphy,

My grouping was okay, but it still needs a lot of work to consider entering a competition, let alone a Balearic competition!

IP Logged

Camo-sling
Interfector Viris Spurii

Forge your own path.

Australia
Reply #17 - May 2nd, 2012 at 5:59am

Aussie wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 1:30am:
Nick, my young mate. Just slow down a tiny bit. You launch into your throw the instant your pouch is loaded. Take only a few seconds to settle yourself and concentrate on the target. That computer between your ears is the most amazing thing in the universe but even it has to do a bit of number crunching to put you right on target.

Thanks for the feedback Aussie. I had a similar comment in one of my older videos, however, it seems I still need to improve my rate of fire. I will begin to focus on this in future slinging sessions.

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Reply #18 - May 2nd, 2012 at 7:18am

Sorry to belabour the point but I suggest that you select all the stones you intend to shoot in a batch, say 10, and set them on the ground in front of you (I notice the Balearics do this in their comps) so you won't have the distraction of alternating between looking for stones and shooting them. Then just take that little steadier between shots.

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Camo-sling
Interfector Viris Spurii

Forge your own path.

Australia
Reply #19 - May 2nd, 2012 at 7:30am

Aussie wrote on May 2nd, 2012 at 7:18am:
Sorry to belabour the point but I suggest that you select all the stones you intend to shoot in a batch, say 10, and set them on the ground in front of you (I notice the Balearics do this in their comps) so you won't have the distraction of alternating between looking for stones and shooting them. Then just take that little steadier between shots.

I like the idea of a stone pouch or tennis ball pouch on the side of the belt, similar to a hip quiver. I remember Tint was using a pouch in his target practice videos.

IP Logged

Camo-sling
Interfector Viris Spurii

Forge your own path.

Australia
Reply #20 - May 2nd, 2012 at 7:33am

New video -

Target Practice - 10 meters (Big Hit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GXmgDb-4cU

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Rat Man, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Chris)