Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Is there a knife similar to this??? (Read 4648 times)
Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Is there a knife similar to this???
Feb 28th, 2012 at 5:39pm

http://legacy.cubeupload-dev.com/files/a67a00cod4knife.png

I know its fictional,  but it looks like a Rambo style Bowie or somethin,  juss wonderin if theres something similar to it...

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Re: Is there a knife similar to this???
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 9:51pm

Hmm, this is a little like the Airforce survival knife. It's a bit shorter, and rather than serrations there are smaller saw teeth, but still nice. And cheap lol.

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/ONSP2/ontario-spec-plus-2-air-force This is generation two, which is much more a consumer product
http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/ON499/ontario-499-air-force-survival-knife This is the normal version, which is assigned to the Air force.

There are a few more exactly like it, but aren't much good. Mostly UnitedCutlery junk lol.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 8:06am

The Rambo knives are pretty close. If you start looking at bowie knives with blades 10in and above you are most likely going t find some look alikes.

The best bowie companies I can think of off the top of my head that would make a knife similar to that is Ontario Knife Company.

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 7:15pm

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Reply #4 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 8:36pm

I have only one bowie and its a cheap winchester bowie with an 8 inch blade,  i like shorter blades,  the bowie is wicked sharp and unwieldly,  thats why i like shorter knives more useful.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #5 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 10:29pm

Jabames wrote on Feb 29th, 2012 at 8:36pm:
I have only one bowie and its a cheap winchester bowie with an 8 inch blade,  i like shorter blades,  the bowie is wicked sharp and unwieldly,  thats why i like shorter knives more useful.

The Ontario ASEK has only a 5 inch blade, a pretty good size if you ask me. If you want a slightly slimmer blade with better fit and finish, go for the SOG SEAL

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #6 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 10:33pm

Atlanta Cutlery/Museum Replicas has several Bowies similar to what you showed.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

johnny108
Descens

Germany
Reply #7 - Mar 13th, 2012 at 5:31pm

I had an ASEK knife issued to me in afghanistan- I left it behind and carried a recon tanto instead.  The ASEK knife blade was just too short for my liking.  Well built- solid and heavy (couldn't hammer with the pommel of the tanto, but- rocks were available for that), but, too short to be an "all-around" knife.

IP Logged

momanoheadhunter
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Southeast Texas,
Reply #8 - Mar 17th, 2012 at 1:07am

Jabames wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 5:39pm:
http://legacy.cubeupload-dev.com/files/a67a00cod4knife.png

I know its fictional,  but it looks like a Rambo style Bowie or somethin,  juss wonderin if theres something similar to it...

Check out Tops knives at the high end, and Condor knives at the low (in price only) end.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus)