Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Most outrageous/funny lies (Read 9130 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Most outrageous/funny lies
Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:29pm

The CHOT thread got me thinking... What are some of the most outrageous, funny, or just plain stupid lies either you or someone you personally know has ever told. Since I've never lied in my life I'm going to have to think pretty hard before I post one.  Cheesy Anyone else have any?  Smiley

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Re: Most outrageous/funny lies
Reply #1 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:56pm

Morphy wrote on Feb 27th, 2012 at 11:29pm:
Since I've never lied in my life I'm going to have to think pretty hard before I post one.

I see what you just did there  Roll Eyes Grin Roll Eyes Wink *winkwinknudgenudge*

Lots of drug education stuff is crazy. We might be all the chillun of the world, but we're not stupid. Lots of times random youth groups will come to schools and and try to talk about the horrors of people who took a drug. It usually is how a band de copain was screwing around, started taking drugs. One person is peer pressured in, takes it, and gruesomely has their brain swell up and is dead within an hour. Not that i'm saying it doesn't happen, but more like the way the story was told. Completely BS, make's my parent's stories about the Big Bad Wolf sound realistic.*

Being in IB, a lot of open ended questions are complete crap. How will you apply the fantastical life lessons you just learned from a corny movie that looks like it was made during the age of the T-Rex in real life? Gee, well now that I understand the symptoms of hyponatremia I will initiate public campaigns in an effort to enlighten all of society in the possible detriments of consuming abnormal levels of dihydrogenmonoxide without supplementing oneself with an inadequate ratio of necessary electrolytes. Recent advancements in psychology, as conducted by the American Physiological Association, dictate that the use of characteristic advertisements may induce greater success rates in the education of a general public in the harms of hyponatremia.    

This one is pretty funny: http://www.eface.in/denmark-is-a-big-shame-to-whole-world/
For the Truth, check this out (or read the comments, or look at an atlas): http://satwcomic.com/the-big-shame

*I completely disagree with the consumption of most drugs, but some of the life lessons that people try to teach are just rediculous.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 12:00am

I debated putting this up, but whatever Wink

Other outrageous lies:

Voting for freedom
Women's Rights
Freedom of Speech
Life Liberty and Property
"It's okay honey, this won't hurt one bit/will only take a second/is for your own good"

Life, The Universe and EVERYTHING.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 11:52am

You may be a little young for this Kid but one that stands out in my mind was when Clinton came on tv and said he didn't have a sexual relationship with Monica Lewinsky. What a mess that was. I didn't personally know him but at the moment nothing is coming to mind.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pikåru
Interfector Viris Spurii

Experience teaches only
the teachable...

Colorado USA
Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 12:17pm

Morphy wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 11:52am:
You may be a little young for this Kid but one that stands out in my mind was when Clinton came on tv and said he didn't have a sexual relationship with Monica Lewinsky. What a mess that was. I didn't personally know him but at the moment nothing is coming to mind.  Smiley

Depends on what the meaning of the word IS is...

I sling. Therefore I am. Tano' Hu I Islan Guahan. http://itanohu.blogspot.com

IP Logged

HurlinThom
Interfector Viris Spurii

Leverage artillerist

Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 12:17pm

Morphy wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 11:52am:
You may be a little young for this Kid but one that stands out in my mind was when Clinton came on tv and said he didn't have a sexual relationship with Monica Lewinsky. What a mess that was. I didn't personally know him but at the moment nothing is coming to mind.  Smiley

Clinton revealed himself as a liar during his campaign when he admitted to experimenting with marijuana but "I didn't inhale".

When all is said and done more will have been said than done.

IP Logged

Pikåru
Interfector Viris Spurii

Experience teaches only
the teachable...

Colorado USA
Reply #6 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 12:25pm

xxkid123 wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 12:00am:
I debated putting this up, but whatever Wink

Other outrageous lies:

Voting for freedom
Women's Rights
Freedom of Speech
Life Liberty and Property
"It's okay honey, this won't hurt one bit/will only take a second/is for your own good"

I sling. Therefore I am. Tano' Hu I Islan Guahan. http://itanohu.blogspot.com

IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #7 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 1:31pm

Quote:
xxkid123 wrote on Feb 28th, 2012 at 12:00am:

*mindblown

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

peacefuljeffrey
Interfector Viris Spurii

Peace through superior
slinging power!

West Palm Beach
Reply #8 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 4:57pm

"Gun control will get guns out of the hands of criminals and save lives."

Cradled rock is slung&&Once around the back and gone&&Flying far and true

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #9 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 12:44am

Are you trying to tell me criminals don't register their guns? What kind of crazy talk is that...  Roll Eyes

Anyways, speaking of political deceptions I've always liked the whole Moon Bears take on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvjgIxuVdo4   Smiley

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #10 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 7:35am

Oh lies, the bedrock of civilization Grin
how about "Honesty is the best policy"?  Or "It's so good to see you"? Or, "with all due respect"?

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #11 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 8:34am

Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

nemo
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #12 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 9:12am

Made me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXmaS1ZzpA8

Actually broadcast by the BBC (the official channel of the UK) one April Fools. Whats worse is, that even with our modern globalisation, I think there would be a fair few would fall for this still Wink

Nemo

IP Logged

HurlinThom
Interfector Viris Spurii

Leverage artillerist

Reply #13 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 1:39pm

perpetualstudent wrote on Feb 29th, 2012 at 7:35am:
Oh lies, the bedrock of civilization Grin
how about "Honesty is the best policy"?  Or "It's so good to see you"? Or, "with all due respect"?

"With all due respect" is quite accurate if no respect at all is due. Depends on how it's meant.

When all is said and done more will have been said than done.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #14 - Feb 29th, 2012 at 1:49pm

Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Chris, Bill Skinner)