Wolf Mother's Kitten! (Read 1183 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Wolf Mother's Kitten!
Feb 4th, 2012 at 6:27pm

This is very cute and not as unusual as one might think:
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/02/wolf-fosters-kitten-becom_n_1249269.h...
    My Shepherd in the favorite pets thread, Comet, raised three of our kittens.  She was spayed when she was around 16 weeks but had a very strong maternal instinct, so she made the best of her situation.  The cats always saw her as their mother and were mortified for weeks when she died at 14 1/2 years old.  This is a true story.

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Re: Wolf Mother's Kitten!
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 6:55pm

Hey my dog raised some cats too!
It was 5 or 6 years ago, when he was younger and willing to have a family: these cat's mom was captured for being sterilized, and Tito took care of her kittens for about a week.
There were 4 of them and one is still alive - strangely, she became frightened of Tito in the last year: a sign of senile dementia?  Smiley
Greetings,
Mauro.

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #2 - Feb 5th, 2012 at 6:28am

Stangely enough, last year we had a deer protecting a mother goose and her goslings. No one knows what happened to the male (presumed dead) and the deer would stand guard while the nest was full.Anyone getting near got attacked.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Feb 5th, 2012 at 10:34am

Now that's unusual, sb.  I wouldn't expect that from deer.

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 6:25am

If only humans could learn from that.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus)