Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello from Washington! (Read 1345 times)
gdogchain
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Toledo, Washington, USA
Hello from Washington!
Jan 5th, 2012 at 9:06pm

Well, seems around here the way to introduce oneself is to start a topic titled "Hello from(place of origin)!" So here I am, My name is Gabrielle, I'm sixteen years old, I am a farmer, all of my vegetables are organic, mostly heirlooms and I do everything by hand and bio-intensively. I also keep goats and a cow for milk and chickens for eggs. I have never butchered any of my animals, I had been a vegetarian from the time I was three years old to this last summer. I have a keen interest in doing things the old way, and in slinging as of late. I am very interested and willing to learn, but very inexperienced in this topic. And I don't have a cell phone. Funny how this fact has almost evolved into a character trait as my generation is consumed by the devices. I can't call myself a luddite, as I am on a computer right now, but I definitely come close compared to the rest of society.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Re: Hello from Washington!
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2012 at 10:15pm

yo, welcome to the forum

many of us are interested in traditional way of life, some of us more than others. however, we don't have so many who really actually live that way- mostly because our life doesn't allow us to do so. all in our dreams i guess.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2012 at 11:38am

Hot damn - another cellphone-phobe Smiley

Won't have one myself.

Welcome to what is an ever decreasing club Smiley

Not slinging, that's growing - slow, but definite.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2012 at 10:35pm

Hello, I'm another one without a cell phone.  I'm so far in the sticks that they don't work around here.  Plus, if I had one, when I got some where that I could get a signal, people would call me up and bother me, so I probably wouldn't get one even if they did work.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 7:05am

Bill Skinner wrote on Jan 7th, 2012 at 10:35pm:
Hello, I'm another one without a cell phone.  I'm so far in the sticks that they don't work around here.  Plus, if I had one, when I got some where that I could get a signal, people would call me up and bother me, so I probably wouldn't get one even if they did work.

lol exactly !

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 3:59pm

Hey,
Welcome from the complete oposite side of the US  Smiley

Slinging is awesome and if you take the time to learn how to do it and be patient you won't regret it. There is a good group of slingers on here that are always willing to help out the new slingers.

Oh yeah and I don't have a cell phone either. When everyone else has one, I can just use their's if I need to.  Wink

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, David Morningstar, Rat Man)