Baleric Sling (Read 8472 times)
Matt Borel
Descens

I can almost hit almost
anything.

Portland, Oregon
Re: Baleric Sling
Reply #15 - Dec 26th, 2011 at 7:46pm

OK, also in the "Post Reply" window, there's an "Add YaBBC tags:" line, followed by a row of buttons. The third button is "insert image", and will plop the IMG tags in for you, you just have to put the url of your image (the red address in your last post) in between the "tags". So, probably several ways to get to the same place, but one of those should get you going. Oh yeah, just remembered that the "large" image size from Photobucket seems to work well on this site, without any scrolling. I don't know if my original image size impacts that, or if it's standard, but it's a good starting point. So I upload, save a copy as "large", then copy the IMG code. Now I'm done for real. And once again thanks for sharing your work. My one authentic-est balearic sling is very functional, but too short, thick and loose. Not perfect. Yours looks just about right, so good job, again.
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2011 at 2:19pm by Matt Borel »  

I don't care if I'm a geek,&&I'm going to make a sling a week.

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Baleric Sling
Reply #16 - Dec 27th, 2011 at 10:56am

Thanks bro, I'll be sure to refer back to this thread when I post another pic.  Wink

After 2 "soakings" in order to get the cords straight and the pouch shapped it's a little more loose than I would have preffered but it still works great and looks pretty traditonal too. The snap is awesome and the 5 strand braid worked out pretty well with the sisal twine. To make it "cleaner" I actualy did the opposite as you would do for fibers and I untwisted the cords a little bit and it made it tighter. It's also a little darker in real life and it's around 28 1/2" long.

Merry Christmas!

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Chris, Kick, vetryan15)