Send Topic Print
Market Place Question (Read 3104 times)
Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Market Place Question
Dec 15th, 2011 at 9:29pm

Would it be alright for me (or someone else, doesn't have to be me) to put up a thread for Amdo Craft in the Market Place?  I seem to give out their link a lot, and that seems like the place to post it where people can find it?

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Re: Market Place Question
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 10:32pm

we could send a shout out/email to amdocraft/klaas and ask if he's willing to make a thread. not sure what (if any) legalities there are on advertising people's goods without their consent. knowing bureaucratic america however Wink

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 10:51am

can't see any harm in it.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #3 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 4:24am

I can't see it as being anything other than a plus for our members and a plus for Amdo craft.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

AmdoCraft

Tibetan Handicrafts

Xining, China
Reply #4 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 11:12am

Again thank you very much for your positive feedback.
I did not know how to make a thread on the marketplace.  I always understood that it is not preferred on a forum to 'advertise'.  I agree with that.
On the other hand I will be happy when more people buy our AmdoCraft slings. I think it is very interesting that the Tibetans still use the sling daily to herd their sheep and yak.  Every time when I drive out to these nomad places and when I see the Tibetans carrying and using their slings, I am thinking how excited the slinging.org friends would be seeing this. 
As I have stated before, I am also thankful that the ones that buy our slings are not only getting a good sling, but they are also supporting a local Tibetan.  And, you don't have to be worried that I will become rich by doing this.  We are a functioning social enterprise here that likes to use fairtrade principles to do our enterprise.  It is fun to do.
I also brings me in contact with all kinds of interesting people around the world.  Not long ago I was approached by somebody in Germany that is writing a book about slings.  I do not feel at liberty to give more details, but I will ask the author to share more about this on the forum when the book is published.  Hope to keep you informed.

I will try to understand how to put something on marketplace very soon.

IP Logged

AmdoCraft

Tibetan Handicrafts

Xining, China
Reply #5 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 11:20am

Thank you  Eoraptor,

I just saw that you already put a thread about us on the Market place area.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 7:02pm

Quote:
I always understood that it is not preferred on a forum to 'advertise'.  I agree with that.

Which is why we created the market place. It lets people sell their slings but keeps it seperate from the rest of the forum.
Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Chris)