Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question on profile editing. (Read 2117 times)
leadrocks

stay simple. serve god.
live free.

custer city, oklahoma
Question on profile editing.
Dec 5th, 2011 at 1:41pm

Hey guys, i wanna post my own pic on my profile, but i only see a place on the edit info to post it from a url? Is there a way i can simply upload the pic to my profile from my comp? thanks.

'Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety&&Will find that they will inherit neither'&&--Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Re: Question on profile editing.
Reply #1 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 3:00pm

Ha ha!  I know this one!

No, there is no way to upload a pic directly from your comp, what you need to do is post that pic on a thread by uploading it onto a post (no copy/paste).  Then you right click the pic on the thread and open it in a new tab or window.  Then take that url and plug it into your profile.  Did I get that right, Mods?

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #2 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 4:44pm

what she said

Or use a video hosting service and copy the url of the pic after you upload it. My profile pic is on photobucket.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

leadrocks

stay simple. serve god.
live free.

custer city, oklahoma
Reply #3 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 2:18pm

ok i'm gonna use this thread to upload a pic if y'all don't mind. not sure where else i'd do it. thx.

fulldraw.jpg (58 KB | )
fulldraw.jpg

'Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety&&Will find that they will inherit neither'&&--Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 2:08pm

no worries Smiley
looks pretty good - but you know you could have uploaded the picture in the 'pictures of slinging.org members' thread.
just saying  Wink

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Chris, Bill Skinner)