Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Prominent Global Warming Skeptic Changes Tune (Read 1024 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Prominent Global Warming Skeptic Changes Tune
Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:13am

We've discussed this many times.  I believe that we're in a natural warming cycle that would have occurred anyway, but our activity has greatly accelerated it to a very dangerous level.  Of course only time will tell just how dangerous this is.    
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/30/richard-muller-global-warming_n_1066029...
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2011 at 10:46pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Re: Prominent Global Warming Skeptic Changes Tune
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 7:57am

For me it's evident that the climate is getting more warm.In my region grapes and corn for example was impossible to grow,as it didn't rape before the cold got them.This was the situation 20+ years ago.Now it's already common to see fields of corn and even grapes growing here and there. Also i hear stories of older people telling about much more snow was falling and the winter was more harsh.In the nearby mountain 2m snow was common 20-30 years ago,now 1m is good.Of course the layer of snow is not directly connected to temperatures but it does show changes. Even in my lifetime i can see how our winter has less cold days and the summer is more warm.It's maybe a week or so of cold days traded for warm ones,but it makes a significant difference. As i live in a quite cold climate,i don't really mind these changes,but if we start to grow orange trees here,like people in Palma,they might have to move to us Wink

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 8:16am

Rat Man wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:13am:
  We've discussed this many times. I believe that we're in a natural warming cycle that would have occurred anyway, but our activity has greatly accelerated it to a very dangerous level.  Of course only time will tell just how dangerous this is.    
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/30/richard-muller-global-warming_n_1066029...

Whoa, somone else knows that too!

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #3 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 5:15pm

Very similar events have occurred where I live, jlasud.  In my one short human lifetime I've witnessed changes that should have taken thousands of years to happen.  I believe we have a huge problem.  I'm old, with crappy health, so I won't be around to see if I'm right, but many reading this and certainly their children will.  Humanity faces a huge challenge.  By the time you're old, Dan, you should be able to see without a doubt if we're facing down a huge hurtle or not.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Chris, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar)