Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
new techno toy
Oct 30th, 2011 at 9:53am

Gtablet by Viewsonic. ...  Cheesy

I'LL have to find a better keyboard and some applications
Cool time to go play

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Bikewer
Interfector Viris Spurii

I love Slinging.org!

St. Louis, Mo
Re: new techno toy
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 11:15am

I've been enjoying my iPad for a couple of months now.   The university where I work has many WiFi hotspots, so I can use it to log onto the net almost anywhere, in addition to it's many other functions.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 2:55pm

have fun, i've been running an android based phone for a while and it is great fun.

btw, i recommend getting Advanced task killer and some form of antivirus as soon as possible. When you leave an application your not actually turning it off, your just letting run in the background while you do other stuff. eventually you could have 10-20 apps running in the background and slowing own your phone. advanced taskkiller will kill all unnecessary apps for you in one tap. android market is pretty unorganized, and it's easy to put a virus app in the phone. it's also difficult to differentiate a good app and a virus app as well. most antiviruses aren't close to being perfect, but it's better than nothing.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 3:47pm

@xxkid.... thanks i wasn't aware of that andrid behavior.

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 12:21pm

I've located gtab for dummies and had to apply some hacks  Shocked to install a SlideIT keyboard
learning all kinds of new stuff Cool

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 1:02pm

You should've named this thread "New gizmo for Gizzmo." Grin

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #6 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 10:45pm

Steven wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 12:21pm:
I've located gtab for dummies and had to apply some hacks  Shocked to install a SlideIT keyboard
learning all kinds of new stuff Cool

slideIT helps a lot. try learning to type on the normal keyboard as if it were your computer's QWERTY keyboard. it's pretty hard but once you learn it it's very fast and it looks really professional. IDK.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #7 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:40pm

Masiakasaurus wrote on Oct 31st, 2011 at 1:02pm:
You should've named this ...
... too true  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner)