Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A club-ish weapon I made (Read 2491 times)
Sons of benjamin
Descens

A club-ish weapon I made
Sep 5th, 2011 at 9:19pm

I saw this branch on an cut down apple tree that had been seasoning for a year or so, and saw potential.  I used a knife and grinder to form the points as well as the wooden portion of the 'blade'.  For the blade, I hammered on a piece of thick sheet metal, attached it with tack nails, and grinded an edge on.  I'd like to eventually make another with better techniques, especially a better metal portion.  Regardless, the weapon is very effective.  The applewood is VERY hard.  The point, being hardened akin to firehardening from the friction of the grinder, can repeatedly punch holes in a little less than inch thick boards and not dull at all.  The blade (if you can really call it that; at least it was a good idea...) can cut branches an inch in diameter (i haven't tested anything bigger yet) off a tree, albeit not cleanly.  It does cut the branch off in the first swing, though.  I haven't tried throwing it, but I imagine that with some skill you could throw it so that the main point hits first.  I am somewhat afraid to try it, though.  The smaller, secondary spike works well also.  It doesn't have as much punching power as the main point, but it is effective on a backhand swing, which is really what I intended (so that multiple blows could be landed fairly quickly).

Judges 20:16 "Out of all this people there were seven hundred chosen men left handed.  Every one of these was a slinger of stones to a hairbreadth and would not miss."

IP Logged

Sons of benjamin
Descens

Re: A club-ish weapon I made
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 9:20pm

another pic.  This is the head.

Judges 20:16 "Out of all this people there were seven hundred chosen men left handed.  Every one of these was a slinger of stones to a hairbreadth and would not miss."

IP Logged

Sons of benjamin
Descens

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 9:20pm

another pic

IP Logged

Sons of benjamin
Descens

Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 9:21pm

A pic of the 'blade'

IP Logged

Sons of benjamin
Descens

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 9:21pm

another pic of the head

IP Logged

Sons of benjamin
Descens

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 9:21pm

A pic of the secondary spike.

IP Logged

Sons of benjamin
Descens

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2011 at 9:22pm

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post some videos of this in action.

Also, it can double as a cane.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 2:20am

Looking good man. Even as a kid I loved taken random objects and making them into stuff like this. You can just let your imagination run wild.

Looking forward to see your future creations.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus)