Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Hello from David the Shepherd!! Sling Pics too! (Read 48149 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Hello from David the Shepherd!! Sling Pics too!
Reply #45 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 6:44am

love the target.

So - as an expert - what brand of marshmallow makes the best ammunitions ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

David the Shepherd
Descens

www.DavidTheShepherd
.com

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reply #46 - Oct 22nd, 2013 at 2:01am

As an expert on marshmallow munitions  Grin, I find white jet-puffed marshmallows to be superior. They don't stick together as do other marshmallow brands (unless you leave them in your car in the sun).  They fly great too.  I have put other brands in the freezer for about 30 minutes and it helps (or leaving them out for 6 months opened also does the trick...be careful if you do that though, they are as hard as a rock when they hit).

I like to split them in half to allow them to cut through the air a little bit more and the bag lasts longer.  Usually at the Passion Play, we go through about a bag of marshmallows a night since that is a far safer way to teach kids how to use slings.

So, go Jet-Puffed marshmallows!

So David overcame Goliath with A Sling & A Stone, and struck him and killed him.  But David had no sword in his hand.&&1 Samuel 17:50
IP Logged

David the Shepherd
Descens

www.DavidTheShepherd
.com

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reply #47 - Nov 8th, 2013 at 7:04pm

I'm in the process of updating my website.  For now, check out www.ShepherdSling.net.

Let me know what you think!  Have to get a few more videos on the site.

So David overcame Goliath with A Sling & A Stone, and struck him and killed him.  But David had no sword in his hand.&&1 Samuel 17:50
IP Logged

David the Shepherd
Descens

www.DavidTheShepherd
.com

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reply #48 - Mar 3rd, 2014 at 5:15pm

Interesting story: I went on vacation with my parents to Idaho, and we stopped by Sun Valley.  By chance, we ate at the same place that Tom Hanks was eating (this was a couple of months ago).  He was very nice and extremely gracious.  We got pictures with him, and that was it.

Until, I get an email this morning from a lady from France who is doing a story on vacationing in Sun Valley on some major French broadcasting station.  She asked to use the picture.  Looks like I am going to be on the Tube (or whatever they call it in France) at the end of the month! 

Crazy World!

http://www.shepherdsling.net/1/post/2014/01/shepherd-slings-and-tom-hanks.html

IP Logged

David the Shepherd
Descens

www.DavidTheShepherd
.com

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reply #49 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 8:08pm

I have quite a few slings on Amazon now. Smiley

The other day had a kid come by the Passion Play with a sling I had made about 3 years ago.  Neat to see an old sling as I can tell an improvement with my work.

IP Logged

justinw1
Novicius

Accuracy counts. Sucks
that I hate counting!

Helena
Reply #50 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 1:18am

Hey there David! I am an avid slinger, and although I am fairly good at the actual slinging (not really) I have recently been into crafting my slings with a more creative intent in mind. I would love to get your feedback on my work, or lack of If that be the case! Thanks!

IP Logged

justinw1
Novicius

Accuracy counts. Sucks
that I hate counting!

Helena
Reply #51 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 1:24am

Hey there David! I am an avid slinger, and although I am fairly good at the actual slinging (not really) I have recently been into crafting my slings with a more creative intent in mind. I would love to get your feedback on my work, or lack of If that be the case! Thanks!

IP Logged

David the Shepherd
Descens

www.DavidTheShepherd
.com

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reply #52 - Sep 24th, 2014 at 10:58pm

Wondering if anyone out there is from Malta?  I just had someone get a shepherd sling from that country.  35 countries now that I have sent shepherd slings to...continue to spread the love Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #53 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 6:23am

keep that up and you'll probably end up beating aussie Smiley

Good work Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

David the Shepherd
Descens

www.DavidTheShepherd
.com

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reply #54 - Oct 30th, 2014 at 1:25am

Glad to be a part of such a great community and really a family of slingers!  I don't post as often as I'd like, but it is fun to be a part of something like this. 

Sent a sling to Andorra last week.  Country #36 that I know slings are in now! 

IP Logged

David the Shepherd
Descens

www.DavidTheShepherd
.com

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reply #55 - Nov 9th, 2014 at 12:25am

Just a little excited that shepherd slings that I make are in the top 30 best sellers in the "slingshot" category on Amazon. 

Before you know it, the shepherd sling will be at the top (hopefully!).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/sporting-goods/3307780011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_sg...

IP Logged

David the Shepherd
Descens

www.DavidTheShepherd
.com

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reply #56 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:19pm

Life has been way too busy lately. Thankfully, I have still been able to sling. I just haven't had time to post or converse here!

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

(delete)
Reply #57 - Nov 28th, 2015 at 6:26am

(delete)
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2017 at 4:03pm by AncientCraftwork »  

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

David the Shepherd
Descens

www.DavidTheShepherd
.com

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reply #58 - Jan 22nd, 2017 at 5:16pm

I know the international sling competition for slinging will be March 1-5. I am interested to know if anyone would be interested in joining me for a stateside competition in Eureka Springs at the Passion Play?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #59 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 7:06am

that would be pretty cool Thumbs Up

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark)