Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello all! (Read 629 times)
feliss
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Hello all!
Jul 28th, 2011 at 12:05am

Hey guys awesome to find some people who are into slinging!
I was passing a park a few weeks ago when i noticed a group of tennis balls on the ground, then one bounced by- when i looked to the other side of the park there was a guy (aussie) slinging them with ease. I've been a archer all my life and also have been throwing knives for years, straight away i apprieciated his skill and walked over. Within five minutes the rest of the arvo's plans were scraped and the fun began. i have tried a few times to make a sling when i was younger but never had anyone else to practice or get advice from. Aussie gave me a sling and now on my luch breaks or any chance i get i go for a throw, i love anything thats an extension of your body and economy of movement, thanks mate for re-introducing me to another life long hobby.
see ya all soon!

IP Logged

Aussie
Past Moderator

Joined Nov. 1, 2006  Luke
14:14

Melbourne, Australia
Re: Hello all!
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 2:56am

Greetings from Australia,

That's my standard welcome. Good to see you've joined up.

I've had a few people ask me about slinging when I've been out before, I've even given away a few slings before but I've never had anyone stop their car specifically to enquire about it before.

Look forward to many more sessions slinging with and at each other.

Unfortunately didn't sling at all last Sunday as the weather was too bad and the ground would have been saturated anyway.

Regards,

Ludwik

aka Aussie

(Seems odd to call myself Aussie in an Australian context. Makes sense in an international one I suppose.)

Cranks are little things that make revolutions.&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar)