Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Send Topic Print
Post your amazing/funny/thought provoking pics. (Read 87270 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Post your amazing/funny/thought provoking pics
Reply #75 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:41pm

For some reason some people have a really hard time making them work. Judging by this thread I would say a good percentage.

IP Logged

Et Cetera
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks Into Windows!

Reply #76 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 3:16pm

I got it to work!  Smiley Now my eyes are a bit fuzzy...

IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #77 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 6:35pm

I've done enough of them now I can refocus my eyes on command, with out having to back away from the screen.  (For those of you having trouble, try looking through the screen/page.  Focus on a point a few inches behind your computer, maybe that will help.(?))

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Reply #78 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 7:53pm

This is the method I use for this 3d images and it is very simple, I can watch the 3d pic at will, it takes me about 2 seconds.

Start by putting your index finger about a foot from your eyes. You will see your finger as either a double "ghost" image or a single normal image, depending how you focus.

Now try changing between both views at will. If you can do it, you´re  almost there.

Go to the 3d picture, you´ll notice that there are patterns that always repeat, all 3d images are like this. So in the picture that has dice, see how it repeats over and over.

To see the 3d picture, start watching one dice, then refocus your view so the image duplicates. That way, the real image and the "ghost image" will fit one on top of the other. The 3d image should appear.

Preserving the sling, mankind´s original Magnum. Rookie slingers are modern superheroes: Never far away from trouble. Rockman sling tutorial: http://slinging.org/index.php?page=how-to-make-a-rockman-sling---bruno-tosso

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #79 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 12:13am

Saw this on Yahoo just now. A pictures worth a thousand words or so they say. Always nice to read a story where everything works out.

www.deseretnews.com/article/700170563/Missing-Scout-found-Saturday-morning.html

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #80 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 3:16pm

that was a great post morphy. makes you wonder...

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #81 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 5:40pm

xxkid123 wrote on Aug 15th, 2011 at 3:16pm:

What about kid?

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #82 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 1:37am

Morphy wrote on Aug 15th, 2011 at 5:40pm:
xxkid123 wrote on Aug 15th, 2011 at 3:16pm:

What about kid?

not exactly sure (i'm not always in control of my mind lol). although maybe just about what happens if they didn't find him. also about how so many people banded together just to find him.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #83 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 1:42am

Can I hijack this thread to post a thought provoking vid? I thought it would be too mainstream to make a new topic for it.
Confessions of a Hipster
I never realized how dissatisfied I was with my bourgeois lifestyle of meaningless consumerism until this moment. Wink

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #84 - Aug 16th, 2011 at 1:41pm

I watched that video Masi, that was hilarious man. Made all the more funny if you have actually known people like that. LOL

Oh man...   Grin  Well...here's to not taking ourselves too seriously right? Cheers.

Here's a good pic, I bet Eoraptor will enjoy this one.

This is the "Hooded Pitohui", the world's most poisonous bird. Yep, that's right, poisonous. Just handling these little guys can make your hands go numb. And eating them? You'd be dead in no time flat. There's a lot of interesting creatures out there. I've always loved nature.

IP Logged

greencheapsk8
Descens

Just in it for the fire!

Taranaki, New Zealand
Reply #85 - Aug 17th, 2011 at 3:15am

I think this converstaion needs some speed.
Serious speed! Cool
The Ariel Atom V8. Very impressive power to weight, and very impressive acceleration.

The Kiwi made Britten bike. One of the most technologically advanced bike in the world.

Lockheed SR-71 One of the fastest, and meanest looking things ever devised. Shocked

Rivers of silver, that is my dream.&&Glowing, twisting, snaking, flowing.&&Cooling and burning, shrinking and melting.&&

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #86 - Aug 17th, 2011 at 12:19pm

A while back we had a "Most Beautiful Plane" thread and the SR-71 Blackbird was mentioned.  There is nothing else on earth like it.

IP Logged

HurlinThom
Interfector Viris Spurii

Leverage artillerist

Reply #87 - Aug 17th, 2011 at 4:29pm

Good ol' SR71, constructed a very few miles from where I sit right now. I once saw one in flight, very cool, sort of loafed along westerly, turned north, and stood on the gas. Wow, did he get small in a hurry.

When all is said and done more will have been said than done.

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #88 - Aug 17th, 2011 at 4:29pm

Rockman wrote on Aug 8th, 2011 at 7:53pm:
This is the method I use for this 3d images and it is very simple, I can watch the 3d pic at will, it takes me about 2 seconds.

Start by putting your index finger about a foot from your eyes. You will see your finger as either a double "ghost" image or a single normal image, depending how you focus.

Now try changing between both views at will. If you can do it, you´re  almost there.

Go to the 3d picture, you´ll notice that there are patterns that always repeat, all 3d images are like this. So in the picture that has dice, see how it repeats over and over.

To see the 3d picture, start watching one dice, then refocus your view so the image duplicates. That way, the real image and the "ghost image" will fit one on top of the other. The 3d image should appear.

I love this kind of 3d-pics and I have no problems to see them. But when I should introduse my 11 year old son in this secret pictures he didn´t get it my way... Your way was the key for him to master this fabulus pictures.

btw
Now I also download a app for my iphone with more of those, and even 3d-pictures that moving. Smiley
Thanx for this tip!!
//Ulrica

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #89 - Aug 17th, 2011 at 4:36pm

Maybe it can bring a little smile......

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Chris, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)