Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Send Topic Print
Post your amazing/funny/thought provoking pics. (Read 87300 times)
xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Re: Post your amazing/funny/thought provoking pics
Reply #60 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 9:58pm

one of the most discussed topics next to religion is gun control. take a look at shootings in norway, among many other threads.

obviously i couldn't resist a poke at them  Smiley

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #61 - Aug 6th, 2011 at 9:24am

Grin  I love these

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #62 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 3:14pm

Et Cetera wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 5:44pm:
Those things never worked for me.  Sad

It's probably me.. I have burnt receptors in my brain, believe it or not.  What is it?  All I can see no matter what I do is carpet. Is it some sort of writing?  If you don't want to give it away here, please message me, Morphy.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #63 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 3:16pm

Cosmotaliban is funny.  I wouldn't want to eat an entire Epic Stockyard Burger because my heart would probably stop and I'd have indigestion for a week, but I'd certainly like to try a couple of bites.  It looks interesting.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

new to california
Reply #64 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 6:48pm

Rat Man wrote on Aug 7th, 2011 at 3:14pm:

It's probably me.. I have burnt receptors in my brain, believe it or not.  What is it?  All I can see no matter what I do is carpet. Is it some sort of writing?  If you don't want to give it away here, please message me, Morphy.

i thought it was one of those patterned background thingies. is it supposed to be something else?

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #65 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 7:01pm

Rat Man wrote on Aug 7th, 2011 at 3:14pm:

It's probably me.. I have burnt receptors in my brain, believe it or not.  What is it?  All I can see no matter what I do is carpet. Is it some sort of writing?  If you don't want to give it away here, please message me, Morphy.

Seems like there might be a few people who aren't familiar with it so I will just post it publicly. It's basically like a hidden stereoscopic image but instead of using a normal viewer you just have to learn how to focus your eyes the right way and then an image of a ship will "pop out" at you in 3-d.

www.magiceye3ds.com/howtosee3d.aspx

Go here to learn how to view them. They are worth the little effort. Once you learn how to focus right you can train your eyes to almost instantly see them. They are a lot of fun IMHO.  Wink

EDIT: Some are more difficult to see than others. I'll see if I can find some others that are easier to see.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #66 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 7:06pm

Here's a pic that's amazing to me. Gabby Lopez (second from the left) is an old friend of mine who just got an acting gig on the channel abc family. Smiley

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #67 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 7:14pm

Once you get a few of the easier ones they all become fairly easy. These all seem to work best for me when I'm no more than 2 feet away from the screen.

And two that are a little tougher.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #68 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 10:50pm

Back when I had 20/20 vision, I could see them, now, as I get older, no joy.  I had to be next to the actual picture, I have never been able to see anything 3-D on a screen, it always looks flat.  Bill

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

new to california
Reply #69 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 11:25pm

looked at it for as long as i could, and something seemed to be happening, but that was it. nothing happened you know? probably because my eyes were dry?

xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #70 - Aug 7th, 2011 at 11:34pm

You might try this kid... Focus your eyes till you see that "something" your talking about and then slowly lean closer to your screen (or if your too close, then slowly back away) while keeping that weird focus until the 3d image pops out at you. I just tried to see it and I got to that part your talking about and it wouldn't show up. Then I slowly leaned in closer until it did. Might give that a shot.

IP Logged

Knaight
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Tennis Balls!

Colorado
Reply #71 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 1:50am

HurlinThom wrote on Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:16am:
Morphy wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 4:15pm:
HurlinThom wrote on Aug 3rd, 2011 at 4:13pm:
Great, if you like blue shag carpet, I guess.

You know it's a magic eye picture right Thom? Can't tell if your just kidding or not over the net.

Not kidding. And what is a "magic eye picture"?

Edit: never mind. I looked it up and read how to view the thing. Really, I'd never heard of this. I'm not entirely at home in the virtual world.

Magic Eye actually started in print, and works just as well in print as online. I'd argue it works better, as staring at a screen right next to you is somewhat prone to causing eye strain. The virtual world has nothing to do with it.

IP Logged

HurlinThom
Interfector Viris Spurii

Leverage artillerist

Reply #72 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 12:20pm

OK, Knaight, maybe the concept of magic eye pictures predates the electronic version of virtual reality, but it appears that there are programs that can generate the pictures quickly and easily, and the internet makes them available to a wider audience than would be the case otherwise.

Optical illusions and trompe l'oeil decorations have been around for a long time, so it's not surprising that these hidden 3D images would also be known. It's just that the computer makes them easier and more well known. Just as the printing press made books more available than hand-copying by scribes could.

When all is said and done more will have been said than done.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #73 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 1:00pm

I remember when these things first came out walking by a kiosk in the mall and seeing like 25 people just standing there silently staring at "blue shag carpet." Like a scene straight out of "Invasion of the body snatchers."

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #74 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:00pm

I went to the url you suggested, Morphy, and even when I knew what was supposed to be there I still couldn't make it appear.  For what ever reason, be it my funky eyes or my poor old damaged brain, it just doesn't work for me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Chris, Curious Aardvark)