Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Re: slinging.org business card discussion thread (Read 5596 times)
paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Re: slinging.org business card discussion thread
Jun 2nd, 2011 at 10:42am

i have a question, can i send a single one to you in a microsoft word document, and have you duplicate it and turn it into a pdf? or mabey a microsoft publisher?

Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 7:00am

yep - pretty much any format with the exception of quark express.

The winning design will be resizde and produced as a downable pdf Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 8:10am

i cant send it to you because your e-mail is hidden...

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2011 at 8:12am

lol didn't realise that, hang on.

try that.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 3:52am

What's going on with the business card competition? Are people still submitting ideas?

We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Slingers!

Longbowmen draw to the ear!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 2:15pm

lol - well I had three and then it went quiet, I was leaving it open in the somewhat unrealistic hope that I might get some more  Undecided

So far not really got anything that makes the grade.

IP Logged

paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 6:21pm

i thought mine was the bomb bizzle!

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 7:52am

I'll contribute a polypropylene "war sling" to the prize fund if you'd like.  Let me know when you'd need it by.

IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #8 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 8:02pm

I am good at making things like that (if I do say so myself) but I can't figure what to put on it.  "Slinging.org- We use strings to throw rocks.  It's loads of fun.  Really!"
Is it alright to use pictures from the slinging.org photo gallery?  I know some of those people aren't on anymore, so it would be hard to ask permission...
(Sorry for not showing interest earlier, I could not get into the card competition threads and thought the whole thing was a no go.)

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #9 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 10:19am

How about this?  It is still fully edit-able.  I can make it bigger if you like the style, I can change it 'round (but I want to be a paperback writer!).  Serously, I don't know what to put on it, so if you have ideas please share.  (Asking for help is cheating, I don't care if I'm not in the contest.)

slingcard.jpg (Attachment deleted)

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #10 - Oct 13th, 2011 at 2:07pm

now that's more like it !

but just a little bit spartan at the moment.

I think given that complete lack of public exposure slinging has - at least a couple of lines of text and maybe a small illustration of someone slinging would proably be a good idea.

And I know we're probably stuck with mr silhouette and his 'lariat' as a site logo.
But to me it just doesn't come across as a slinger the public could relate to. so maybe something else as well ?

But that's definitely heading in the right direction  Smiley
I really like the decoration and the colour scheme.

IP Logged

Wayfarer
Descens

"Utrum per hebdomadem
perveniam"

Tampa, Florida
Reply #11 - Oct 13th, 2011 at 3:13pm

Ah yes, the business card. I may have to put my Photoshop skills to use  Smiley

IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #12 - Oct 13th, 2011 at 3:52pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Oct 13th, 2011 at 2:07pm:
but just a little bit spartan at the moment.

I think given that complete lack of public exposure slinging has - at least a couple of lines of text and maybe a small illustration of someone slinging would proably be a good idea.

And I know we're probably stuck with mr silhouette and his 'lariat' as a site logo.
But to me it just doesn't come across as a slinger the public could relate to. so maybe something else as well ?

My thoughts exactly.  Problem: How do I represent a sling (let alone a slinger) in such a small space?  A sling with coiled arms would fit better than a full length sling (I was looking at maybe using rockman’s pics from the gallery), but would people recognize it coiled up?  The sling from the homepage is a good candidate, but it would it be too small if I put it in vertically?  And it would be confusing if I put it in horizontally because there is a rock in the pouch (well, it would confuse me, would it confuse you folks?)
And another slinging person…  What style?  A cutout from a picture?  Historical or modern?  An outline?  A silhouette?   Where and how big should it be?  Remember the final card will be almost half the size of my example (if it is the size of most business cards)
If you guys want to help, I will happily take suggestions on the above and text (especially text).  Otherwise, I’m at a loss as to what to do from here…  Undecided

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #13 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 9:16am

got a picture we used for wyoming in '07.

I'll dig it up and post that - would look good faded in the background. Much better representation of a slinger than the lariat guy Smiley

IP Logged

Matt Borel
Descens

I can almost hit almost
anything.

Portland, Oregon
Reply #14 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 9:07am

Just found this thread. Not sure of the status, but. . .
I thought of (but have not produced) a graphic showing the mechanics of a throw. Stop motion like. I'll try to find an example or cook something up.

I don't care if I'm a geek,&&I'm going to make a sling a week.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini)