Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New ultimate zombie weapon! (Read 4603 times)
Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New ultimate zombie weapon!
Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:32am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSU1jQoGIqo&feature=channel_video_title

Okay in its current form it not that usefull but if you only have a few hostiles after you this could work all right.  As said right now its not quite effective enough but perhaps with more of a crossbow design this would be really cool.

Plus this vid was just too epic not to post.   Wink

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Re: New ultimate zombie weapon!
Reply #1 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 11:17am

I'd take a spear/javelin and an amentum over that any day. Cool Less likely to misfire and slash your arm.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

hawk_chucker

I love Slinging.org!

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 2:50pm

That guy is a trip. I love his youtube stuff. However he is a ambulance ride jsut waiting to happen.

IP Logged

snowcelt
Tiro

So far....so good!

Turku, SW Finland.
Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 5:59pm

Why so? He always wears lovely safety glasses!  Grin This always makes me laugh. He uses super powerful slingshots and steel shot and still thinks a pair of plastic glasses will offer enough protection against a rebounding shot. Think I'm exaggerating? He also managed to put a hole in the window of his house with a ricochet.

Then again, Herr Sprave makes his videos with a lot of humour and I like watching them. I think he's a pretty interesting guy.

Laimh laidir in uachtar- Family motto.&&Ni bheidh mo leitheid aris ann.&&Who said that basic means simple? Time spent training the basics is never wasted time.
IP Logged

Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #4 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:15pm

I felt my eyes widen when I saw the weapon come on screen. Of course it's completely impractical, very cool looking none the less. Id take the slingshot any day that he shows later in the video. Now that looked deadly and efficient.

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

snowcelt
Tiro

So far....so good!

Turku, SW Finland.
Reply #5 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 7:42am

Hmm. This reminds me that Mr Sprave has videos of steel shot being shot into among other things, a leg of lamb and some ballistic gelatine. It would be interesting to see similar tests using slings and glandes or other projectiles. Is there such material on youtube? Anyone?

Laimh laidir in uachtar- Family motto.&&Ni bheidh mo leitheid aris ann.&&Who said that basic means simple? Time spent training the basics is never wasted time.
IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #6 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 2:04pm

snowcelt wrote on Apr 6th, 2011 at 7:42am:
Hmm. This reminds me that Mr Sprave has videos of steel shot being shot into among other things, a leg of lamb and some ballistic gelatine. It would be interesting to see similar tests using slings and glandes or other projectiles. Is there such material on youtube? Anyone?

just ask jaegor  Wink he slings all the time, and probably would know what happens to meat.

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 6:00pm

Obviously this is a "just for fun" weapon.  I have to wonder how far the machete travels before it starts to turn?  Both the shots Joerg took were at very close range.  Just for it's WOW factor I think this was worth posting.

IP Logged

dork
Funditor

I feel Smurfy when I'm
smurfing!!!! You too?

In Beautiful Wisconsin
Reply #8 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 6:40pm

This guy is as obseesed with slingshots as we are with slings. Some of his stuff is a little out there but love his imagination.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #9 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 1:42pm

Yep.  The more I see of his stuff the more I realize that he is a lot like us.  He has the bug and can't help himself.

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #10 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 3:56pm

Okay this might not be the most practical but it's still really cool if you put some kind of fletching on the machete it would probalby increase the range. and mabye picatatiny ralis or you could also use something like this whch is probably more effective just not as initmidating as having a machete flying at you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5nVSfv0Rlg ; And shooting these.  Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbdM69hhUYw ;   Cool

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Samurismallz

Why am I wasting slinging
time on this forum?

Reply #11 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 8:30am

I definitely would not try that.  Give me a sling, bow, or even a javelin over that any day.  Those are all tried and tested, and we know those won't fail easily (especially the javelin).

Take life as it comes.  Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can.&&&&There is one rule, above all others, for a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.&&&&Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain.

IP Logged

dean
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2011 at 11:53pm

I had seen those other kind of primitive weapons such as spear, bola, chackrum, swords, and many more. But this one sounds so interesting in look as well as in features. I love to read more on it.

IP Logged

ChuckRocks

Leverage Artillery Design
Engineer

The Florida Outback, USA
Reply #13 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 7:15am

Anti-Zombie Weapon my foot.
Zombies always move in a herd, you shoot one with a machete sling shot and his brother will get you.

I say it's better to throw the sling shot and swing into them with the machete.
One machete is worth a whole herd of zombies.

And don't forget, only a silver machete will kill a Warewolf. Er~ Wherewolf? Weirwolf? Warwolf? Worwolf?
Someone help me out here.

(AKA Walker / Visit my Facebook page: at http://www.facebook.com/pages/SiegeMasters/168138883205859 )
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Curious Aardvark)