Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Slings and videogames? (Read 5714 times)
White Tiger
Tiro

long is the way, and hard...

auckland
Re: Slings and videogames?
Reply #15 - Apr 22nd, 2011 at 5:58pm

Shadow of rome, a capcom game, had a sling in various levels, good fun for gladiatorial arenas but it left you exposed with a slow windup, think it was underhand release.the fighting in that game was awesome! Grin

IP Logged

Whipartist
Past Moderator

Stone Slinger/Stick Thrower

Sand Creek, CA
Reply #16 - Oct 9th, 2011 at 10:55pm

I played Pitfall The Mayan Adventure back in the day.  It was fun to actually have a sling as a weapon in a videogame, even if just a platform game.

Well I'm a bit behind the times as far as videogames go, but I do have an old Gamecube.  I found last week that the Pitfall series continued past that initial game and includes a fun 3D game that works on a variety of platforms.  It's called Pitfall, The Lost Expedition.  I purchased a copy used on amazon.com to check out the slinging action.  Of course it took me a few hours before I was even granted my (semi-automatic?) weapon.  And a few more hours before I was given the ability to use it with maximum powered up force at a reduced rate of fire.  But it's a fun game, if more then a bit corny.  Scenic places to explore and lots of crazy monkey's and headhunters to knock out with sling stones. 

Just thought I'd mention it since video games in which the hero uses a sling as a weapon are quite rare.

IP Logged

Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Reply #17 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 3:37pm

This is my favorite sling related videogame thing. God of War II Perseus wields a magical sling that fires green orbs. The game is from 2007, but I played for the first time this year. I went : Holy Sh*t, heīs got a sling. One of many great surprises from this great game. It also helps that Mark Hamlin, who played Perseus in the 80īs Clash of the Titans, provided the voice acting. It even looks like him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVWiD4c6Tbk

Check out Civilization V, you can play as the Incas. The exclusive unit is the slinger, who can retreat one tile away from danger and counterattack with great results.

Preserving the sling, mankindīs original Magnum. Rookie slingers are modern superheroes: Never far away from trouble. Rockman sling tutorial: http://slinging.org/index.php?page=how-to-make-a-rockman-sling---bruno-tosso

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
past-moderator

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Reply #18 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 4:22pm

Hallo, fellow nerd-slingers  Cheesy

I'd just like to show you the new game I'm playing - "Europa Universalis: Rome".
No slingers there (just Velites, Princeps, Equites, and other funny wags), but... there's my town!  Shocked

It's the Capital of the Picenum Region  Grin

The game is not that careful, though: I started a new game in 474 b.C., and Rome already got half Italy, while Regio V Picena was fully conquered only in the Third Century (and not even definitively, since in 91 it was the backbone of an important social revolution  Cool ).
Greetings,
Mauro.

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Chris, Kick)