Send Topic Print
fave ammo (Read 6005 times)
GreatWhiteWolf
Tiro

New Player to an Old Game

TX
Re: fave ammo
Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 11:40am

I'm going to try to get some mortar concrete soon to make my own stones, but right now I've been between different ammo. I only started last week, and had a tennis ball (which is now lost in the high grass be hind my house =P) and a few golf balls. The other day on my way home from work though, I was thinking about where I could get a large number of stones with a variety of sizes. As this thought was occurring, I happened to be passing a train track, which I realized was the perfect place to shop for stones. I now have 20 or so in my trunk just waiting for the next time I get to go practice. Most of them are between golf ball and egg size.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."&&-2nd Amendment, U.S. Constitution

IP Logged

paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 5:31pm

now that is very illegal! you cannot go within 5 feet of normal raliroad tracks unless you are going over a crossing. the penalty is up to a year in prison and a $2500 fine in kansas.

Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 5:37pm

Wow, that seems really strict.  If Kansas has such a law it's a sure bet that New Jersey does too.  We have armies of _(*^&^%%s who's only function on the face of the earth is to eat up tax money and make asinine laws.  I'll have to check because I've walked many miles of tracks.

IP Logged

paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Reply #18 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 7:08pm

really you just have to make sure a train or popo doesnt see you. my brother and his buddy were seen on the tracks, but only the other guy got tried, but found non- guilty.

IP Logged

Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #19 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 7:28pm

Rat Man. http://www.njtransit.com/rg/rg_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=RailSafetyTo
Yes, we can be fined, but I doubt the cops will care if you're clearly not acting recklessly.

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

GreatWhiteWolf
Tiro

New Player to an Old Game

TX
Reply #20 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 1:12pm

...Wow Lips Sealed totally didn't know that. Oh well, there's a lot of construction sites and areas with rocky gravel driveways I can get similar rocks. Thanks for the heads up though.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."&&-2nd Amendment, U.S. Constitution

IP Logged

Dilyan Ganev

Hard rocks...

Balkans, Bulgaria, Burgas
Reply #21 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 10:54am

At this moment angular  pieces of concrete and asphalt, but later i think to try slinging clay shots.

IP Logged

paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Reply #22 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 5:07pm

i can get asphalt to go aways when i use my special teqniuqe

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #23 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 5:36pm

Dilyan Ganev wrote on Mar 21st, 2011 at 10:54am:
At this moment angular  pieces of concrete and asphalt, but later i think to try slinging clay shots.

Hi, Dilyan Ganev;
   Welcome.  Angular pieces of concrete and asphalt are fine for working on your form and distance.  They also make some great sounds leaving your sling.  You'll notice a big improvement in your accuracy once you start using smooth, uniform ammo. 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Morphy, Chris)