Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My First Stone Purse (Read 2396 times)
echelon7
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

My First Stone Purse
Feb 8th, 2011 at 5:25pm

This is my first ammo bag.  wanted to do this for a while and finally made one this afternoon.  im looking forward to long sling session walking around with ammo in my bag. i sewed it with paracord and thats paracord for the sling (sling of the purse not hand sling).  then there is one knot at each corner of the flap to slide into the sewing so that the flap doesnt open.
Edited:
I cropped/resized your pic for you.

IP Logged

nemo
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Re: My First Stone Purse
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 5:30pm

Looking good mate, been meaning to make one myself. Looks like a good size aswell as stylish lol very nice!

Nemo

IP Logged

Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 5:37am

great work man,  I make many of my own bags myself

IP Logged

sobieski
Descens

Slinging for fun!

Czech
Reply #3 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 8:38am

nice, I must make  too. Have you Got any instructions?
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2011 at 10:24am by sobieski »  

Im back!

IP Logged

echelon7
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 3:16pm

but here are some more pictures so you can get an idea.  i feel for the most part its pretty easy.
materials:
Paracord
Leather hole puncher of some sorts.
cutting tool of some sort.  i used a rotary cutter for leather and knife for paracord.
lighter
leather
ruler for measurements.

basically there is 2 main pieces of green paracord.at each base corner is the middle of that piece of green paracord and it is sewn up so that there are ends of paracord coming out.  i overlapped the ends to the appropriate length for the strap.then i did a cobra braid around the whole thing for comfort.  the core of the cobra braid should be 4 green cords because 2 ends of green paracord com out from each side of the bag.

IP Logged

echelon7
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #5 - Feb 9th, 2011 at 3:17pm

bottom of bag.  you should see that the bag is 3 pieces of leather total sewn together

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #6 - Feb 10th, 2011 at 3:42pm

It looks very handy and well made.  Good job.

IP Logged

Goku
Tiro

Stone Age Hunter

Behind You
Reply #7 - Feb 11th, 2011 at 6:02am

Awesome man, I'll definately have to make one like that for myself, thanks for inspiring me

Opportunities multiply as they are seized - Sun Tzu&&Experience is the teacher of all things - Julius Caesar &&Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail - Ralph Waldo Emerson&&Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world - Archimedes&&Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einst

IP Logged

slingingrat
Funditor

I never miss the rock
allways hits something

Hagerstown MD
Reply #8 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 2:42pm

Slinging bags like that are great to have when u are out sling I know I love mine Smiley

When I go bear hunting all I take is a bat and when I find the bear I give him the bat to make things even&&&&When the goverment takes all the guns who ever has the most swords axes clubs spears bows and slings WILL RULE THE WORLD A HAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry did I say that out loud
Evan Werner  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, vetryan15, Kick, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Rat Man)