Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Poll Poll
Question: melee or ranged for zombies

« Last Modified by: paracordslinger on: Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:46pm »

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 
Send Topic Print
Ultimate Zombie Melee Weapon? (Read 87196 times)
Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Re: Ultimate Zombie Melee Weapon?
Reply #330 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 4:26pm

Jabames wrote on Feb 10th, 2012 at 3:10pm:
Wouldn't using zombie corpses as fertilizer infect the grains and plants?  even the water sources nearby???

Water sources, yes (regular corpses do that), dunno about the plants.  I feel like you could verify that with a body infected with a current infectious disease.

We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Slingers!

Longbowmen draw to the ear!

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #331 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 4:32pm

Thunder Chief wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 4:26pm:
Jabames wrote on Feb 10th, 2012 at 3:10pm:
Wouldn't using zombie corpses as fertilizer infect the grains and plants?  even the water sources nearby???

Water sources, yes (regular corpses do that), dunno about the plants.  I feel like you could verify that with a body infected with a current infectious disease.

E. Coli can be transfered from manure and carrion to nearby crops. Tainted manure is one of the many causes of E. Coli food poisoning.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Reply #332 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 4:44pm

Then,  theoretically a zombie virus or infection would be even more contagious among things like that, than ecoli

IP Logged

ChuckRocks

Leverage Artillery Design
Engineer

The Florida Outback, USA
Reply #333 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 3:53pm

Zombies, Zombies, Zombies.
Real Zombies are the soul-less resurected dead, controlled by their Queen, the Voo Doo witch which brought them back to their un-dead state. They have no will of their own, not even to go around trick-er-treating for brains. That's pure Hollywood and has as much basis in reality as movies with slings. They just can't get it right to save themselves.

Ok, enough of a rant for now.

Movie Zombies must be shattered or decapitated, enlightened (with fire) or emersed ("Baptised") in order to stop them.
Hollywood thinks there is some strange virus that makes the dead walk among us. They could be right, we do have politicians.
Hollywierd also thinks (I use that term loosely) that they are drawn toward the living in order to feed on brains, brains, brains.
A machete will stop them. So will a 12 guage or a Lousiville Slugger. The problem comes when you either run out of ammo or your arms get tired. Or when that stupid blond goes into the basement. DUH!
Fire will also stop a Zombie but it's slower and a burning zombie may still get to you (or that blond). If that does happen you can kick them in the coxic and they will crumble to dust.
The best way to handle Hollywierd Zombies is to call Zombie Hunters, Ltd.

Real Zombies are not a problem. Kill their queen and they stop dead. Or Undead, as the case may be.
Getting to the queen may be a problem but playing any Queen album will help you get through their defences.

I strongly recomend watching this video clip for more data on real zombies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8sX10_4

Stay safe and keep slingin'

(AKA Walker / Visit my Facebook page: at http://www.facebook.com/pages/SiegeMasters/168138883205859 )
IP Logged

Knaight
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Tennis Balls!

Colorado
Reply #334 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:03pm

ChuckRocks wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 3:53pm:
Real Zombies are the soul-less resurected dead, controlled by their Queen, the Voo Doo witch which brought them back to their un-dead state. They have no will of their own, not even to go around trick-er-treating for brains. That's pure Hollywood and has as much basis in reality as movies with slings. They just can't get it right to save themselves.

That's a real belief about zombies, sure. Given that real zombies don't actually exist, it's not like it is inherently more valuable than the cinematic portrayal.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #335 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:29pm

To (semi) quote the incredibly profane The Death and Return of Superman,
Dad: "How do you * kill a vampire?"
Son: "Stake through the heart, garlic... Oh, and sunlight!"
Dad: "No, you can kill vampires however the * you want, because vampires don't * exist! You can make up rules for whatever * kind of thing you want!"

Where do zombies come from? I like the Romero radiation comet theory and the newer megadisease theory. I'm not so keen on the "it's a mostly normal virus with new symptoms but these people are curable" bs that they tried to pull in I Am Legend and Zombieland. Not nearly scary enough.

Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Reply #336 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:47pm

I'm wit the return of the living dead approach,  they don't die easily with headshots,  much more difficult to kill than any other zombies except fast zombies etc.

IP Logged

xxkid123
Past Moderator

Hallo, ich heiße kartoffel

new to california
Reply #337 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 10:06pm

I'm of the opinion that if zombies ever could happen, they would humans with an extreme fever  (with major dizziness, motor skill loss, etc symptoms) such that they are constantly enraged, most of their brain is connected incorrectly, and have a desire for human flesh. But, being infected human beings that are still living, they also still require human appendages and organs to function. Therefore, anything that will kill a human will probably kill a zombie, or at least badly maim it. While they can't die of shock, a bullet to to the leg is still going to sever muscles and make it difficult for the zombie to move. Therefore, I don't really think headshots matter too much. Headshots are efficient, but how many people can consistently make them under high pressure scenarios and while running away from a hungry zombie mob?

There's no break, there's no end, just a-living on;&&Wide awake, with a smile, going on and on.
xxkid123 tanma101  
IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #338 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 5:51pm

Masiakasaurus wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:29pm:
I'm not so keen on the "it's a mostly normal virus with new symptoms but these people are curable" bs that they tried to pull in I Am Legend and Zombieland. Not nearly scary enough.

They didn't explain anything in Zombieland.

We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Slingers!

Longbowmen draw to the ear!

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #339 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 7:32pm

Yes they did, during the opening credits they said that it was a mutant strain of mad cow.

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

ChuckRocks

Engineer

The Florida Outback, USA
Reply #340 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 3:20pm

Knaight wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:03pm:
ChuckRocks wrote on Feb 14th, 2012 at 3:53pm:

That's a real belief about zombies, sure. Given that real zombies don't actually exist, it's not like it is inherently more valuable than the cinematic portrayal.

WOW!
You actually came out and said it?
You don't think Zombies exist.
That's just what the Vampires want you to think.
You just keep that belief while they're munching on that pink matter inside your head.
(Living brains are pink, they turn gray from lack of oxygen.)
Mwahahaha!

Two zombies are eating a clown and the one says: "Hey does this taste funny?"

(AKA Walker / Visit my Facebook page: at http://www.facebook.com/pages/SiegeMasters/168138883205859 )
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #341 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 6:00pm

How about this... Zombies are a result of a bio-warfare genetically engineered germ/parasite that is designed to change the habits of normal humans into zombies and is then unleashed on the public. Nature already has parasites and germs that radically change an animals behavior through "mind control" into something both mindless and suicidal. Actually when you think about it, at least theoretically the idea of creating a "Disease" zombie is totally believable.

IP Logged

ChuckRocks

Engineer

The Florida Outback, USA
Reply #342 - Feb 25th, 2012 at 3:05pm

Truth:
Zombies are the result of a PsyOps experiment conducted by the US Secret Service in order to produce a duplicate for the POTUS who would NOT attempt to take over or actually do anything such as pass new energy bills for drilling our way to independence from foreign oil.
The President? Woodrow Wilson.

Apparently they reproduced the evil nature of Wilson as well.

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #343 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 9:04am

zombies do exist. my proof walks among us .. I offer as my example .. POTUS.

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

ChuckRocks

Engineer

The Florida Outback, USA
Reply #344 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 5:24pm

Steven wrote on Feb 26th, 2012 at 9:04am:
zombies do exist. my proof walks among us .. I offer as my example .. POTUS.

AMEN!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini)