Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Poll Poll
Question: melee or ranged for zombies

« Last Modified by: paracordslinger on: Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:46pm »

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24
Send Topic Print
Ultimate Zombie Melee Weapon? (Read 86352 times)
Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Re: Ultimate Zombie Melee Weapon?
Reply #300 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 3:47am

Samurismallz wrote on Jun 28th, 2011 at 11:12pm:
That's a very good idea. Just get the antidote and put in a gaseous form. Then spray over the world one city at a time.

Because you, being the last man for hundreds of miles (in New York City), have access to a crop duster and an unlimited supply of fuel, and the ability to fly a plane, and enough ingredients to make that much antidote, and the facilities to make it an aerosol, and planned safe stop-over points in every city in the world, plus the manpower and weapons to "mop up" between cities. If so, have at it!

We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Slingers!

Longbowmen draw to the ear!

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #301 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 6:39am

"Nuke em from outter space. It's the only way to be sure". Cool

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Reply #302 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 3:10pm

Thunder Chief wrote on Jun 30th, 2011 at 3:47am:
Samurismallz wrote on Jun 28th, 2011 at 11:12pm:
That's a very good idea. Just get the antidote and put in a gaseous form. Then spray over the world one city at a time.

have access to a crop duster and an unlimited supply of fuel, and the ability to fly a plane, and enough ingredients to make that much antidote, and the facilities to make it an aerosol, and planned safe stop-over points in every city in the world, plus the manpower and weapons to "mop up" between cities. !

ido, because my dads frield has an crop duster, i can obviously get enough ingredients, because it will be ethanol based, and isobutane, propane, and air, easy to get!

Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

IP Logged

Samurismallz

Why am I wasting slinging
time on this forum?

Reply #303 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 3:19pm

Well, it seems that the optomists have out-thought the pessimists.

Take life as it comes.  Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can.&&&&There is one rule, above all others, for a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.&&&&Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain.

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #304 - Jul 1st, 2011 at 1:25am

paracordslinger wrote on Jun 30th, 2011 at 3:10pm:
ido, because my dads frield has an crop duster, i can obviously get enough ingredients, because it will be ethanol based, and isobutane, propane, and air, easy to get!

Can YOU fly it?  Will you have access to it while holed up?  Will it still be flyable after the years it takes to discover the antidote? Do you have the fuel? Can you, YOURSELF, process the grain into alcohol? All the while, beset by Satan's great hordes?  And you didn't answer my question about the stop-over points and the extra manpower.

And that reminds me.  Neville in "I am Legend" was already a scientist.  Do you have the knowledge, skill, and chemical and technical knowhow to run the tests, and eventually produce a cure?  Are you going to have the facilities to do this? A sterile lab? All the computers and equipment? All of the chemicals for the experiments?  And how do you know that the antidote will react favorably with the ethanol?  And once you do spray it on the cities, it's still a city.  The chemical is going to reach a bare minimum of the infected population, with the majority inside buildings, remaining infected and causing massive problems for any repopulation crews that you may send in (regardless, you still do not have the men and women with whom to form them).  And those on the street that are cured will instantly be set upon by those still inside the buildings, more probably leading to human extinction than survival.  Assuming that they are cured and not instantly be devoured, how will you collect them?  By yourself, I see 3 possibilites: a) You go in to get them and are ingested yourself, b) you leave them and they wander around until they are eventually 1) reinfected, or 2) eaten, or c) they are so weak that they collapse, and unable to move, die of 1) zombie jaws, 2) heat stroke or, depending upon the season, hypothermia, or 3) thirst and starvation.

Have fun saving the world!

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #305 - Jul 1st, 2011 at 9:44am

You really are a big pessimist. Every time we come up with a good idea you shoot it down. The zombie plague would kinda have to spread person to person, or maybe in the water. Once you know that, everyone in the country with a well is safe. They would provide the manpower to resist the zombies.

Take life as it comes.  Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can.&&&&There is one rule, above all others, for a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.&&&&Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain.

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #306 - Jul 2nd, 2011 at 3:14pm

Samurismallz wrote on Jul 1st, 2011 at 9:44am:
You really are a big pessimist. Every time we come up with a good idea you shoot it down. The zombie plague would kinda have to spread person to person, or maybe in the water. Once you know that, everyone in the country with a well is safe. They would provide the manpower to resist the zombies.

Sure, I may be a pessimist, but I also like to think I'm rational.  There are ideas in this world that just won't work.  How would you like to be the last man on earth, geared up to execute a foolish, half thought-out, under-engineered plan only to have it blow up in your face, in the process eradicating any hope for humanity?   Anyway, I only rose to the challenge presented.

Okay, say you're right, say the virus is spread person to person and by water.  Heck, say it originates in the deepest darkest regions of Africa.  Eventually, some person carrying the plague, but not yet having presented symptoms will get out and when he does turn, he will be with other people.  Say he infects three people before he dies, and those three infect three.  Panic will ensue, and people are going to flee the area.  The process continues until the continent is near uninhabitable and people will flee to other, perceived safer landmasses.  It's likely that at least one carrier will make it across the ocean and turn on North American soil (and others will likely reach other continents).  Airports and harbors are usually located in or near cities.  So if he turns and infects three city folk before he is destroyed and they infect three, eventually the city will be half-infected and again, people will panic and run.  Most likely more than one carrier will escape.  They will spread to other cities (maybe they were running to relatives in another town or they heard that somewhere else was safe).  They will turn and infect more people, the cycle will continue, and eventually all but the most isolated and defensible locations will be infected and/or overrun.

Say farmer Josephus has a well and a rifle with stockpiled ammunition and supplies to last him until kingdom come.  In the beginning, he will be doing just fine; holed up his farmhouse, picking off the occasional infected who comes his way.  Say he is lucky enough to avoid being in the path of a large horde of beasties, and so he persists, while lesser men are devoured and all of the communities for miles in all directions are infected and zombified.  Once the zeds have exhausted their food elsewhere, they will eventually stumble upon the abode of poor Josephus.  In large numbers they assemble and surround the dwelling, drawn by the ravenous moans of their fellow infected.  Josephus, not being an engineer, never constructed a system of pipes from his outdoor well into his humble residence.  He promptly perishes from lack of water.  Or, if by providence, he had the foresight to stock enough water inside to keep him hydrated until the end of time, eventually, his rifle will prove ineffective against the numbers that face him, and its futile report will serve only to draw more of the sorry stricken to its location.  In due time, the malicious meat puppets will congregate in sufficient numbers to either rend the door from its hinges, or given the proper circumstances, drive our poor agriculturalist out of his tree, resulting in a straight-forward suicide, or a much more interesting and unpredictable chain of events that will lead eventually to an untimely death.  Either way, poor Josephus had himself a well, but still ended up little more than sun-baked road kill himself.

IP Logged

kuggur slingdog
Ex Member

Reply #307 - Jul 2nd, 2011 at 3:19pm

There is no antidote for zombies, they are already dead and powered by magic.

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #308 - Jul 2nd, 2011 at 3:24pm

Then we counter with black magic of course! Cheesy

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #309 - Jul 2nd, 2011 at 3:29pm

Maybe that's where we're going wrong.  If zombies are creatures of evil to be avoided at all costs, maybe we need holy aid.

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #310 - Jul 3rd, 2011 at 4:14am

Samurismallz wrote on Jul 2nd, 2011 at 3:29pm:
Maybe that's where we're going wrong.  If zombies are creatures of evil to be avoided at all costs, maybe we need holy aid.

So, we exorcise the demons out of all the zeds?

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #311 - Jul 3rd, 2011 at 8:19am

No, we could pray to Zeus and have him smite all the zombies with his lightning.  Or ask Hades to call his minions back.

IP Logged

HurlinThom
Interfector Viris Spurii

Leverage artillerist

Reply #312 - Jul 3rd, 2011 at 12:05pm

Super Soaker full of holy water?  Wink

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti, excide, excide, excide! (Hope my Latin isn't too bad.)

When all is said and done more will have been said than done.

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #313 - Jul 3rd, 2011 at 2:55pm

HurlinThom wrote on Jul 3rd, 2011 at 12:05pm:
Super Soaker full of holy water?  Wink

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti, excide, excide, excide! (Hope my Latin isn't too bad.)

Absolutely! We'd need traveling priests to keep our supply up.

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #314 - Jul 4th, 2011 at 12:06am

That would be funny. How about a moat and a pump and hoses? They can only come in one way, and we can blast a lot faster with hoses.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Chris)