Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Poll Poll
Question: melee or ranged for zombies

« Last Modified by: paracordslinger on: Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:46pm »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24
Send Topic Print
Ultimate Zombie Melee Weapon? (Read 86347 times)
Samurismallz

Why am I wasting slinging
time on this forum?

Re: Ultimate Zombie Melee Weapon?
Reply #270 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 9:54am

Very funny. But really, what happens if the scouting party ends up getting caught and killed? How would you know?

Take life as it comes.  Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can.&&&&There is one rule, above all others, for a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.&&&&Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #271 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 11:12am

They wouldn't come back?  While you are building all this neat stuff, buy a kids'  walkie talkie.  Bill

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #272 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 1:54pm

Would there still be stores running at all? I doubt it. the larger stores could become deathtraps full of zombies, so going in for some walkie-talkies and batteries would be suicide. the smaller stores might be safer, but they're also less likely to have what you're looking for.  the good thing is that you can get all your supplies for free, but you have a limited amount of them.  food will go bad quickly, so you would need to have the scouting team hunt/fish while they're out there. Still, you're on the right track there.  If you can get anything for free, then you could probably go to a small gun shop and take a few guns and the ammo for them, and that would help a little. Maybe that's the first step, is to raid all the stores.  Stockpile your supplies, and defend them.  Split them up, so you're not screwed if one place gets overrun.  make sure that its hard for zombies to get into your stuff in the first place, and make it easily defensible. A large tree fort would probably do the trick, especially one with a rope ladder.  I doubt a zombie would have the coordination to climb a rope ladder.

Take life as it comes.  Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can.&&&&There is one rule, above all others, for a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.&&&&Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #273 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 3:31pm

So the plan is to somehow build a monstrous labyrinth/fortress/deathtrap after the zombie outbreak? Not too likely.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #274 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 3:43pm

No, not a monstrous fort. Just an easily defendable position that we can improve as we go.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #275 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 5:03pm

Sounds like we're getting to a Rube Goldberg zombie killing machine. All I want is some sharks with some frikkin laser beams. You guys can do whatever else you will.  Wink

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #276 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 6:19pm

Its not quite to the Rube Goldberg stage yet.  What I'm talking about is something where relatively few zombies reach us so our fighting is minimized. We could place traps around the area if we wanted, though.

IP Logged

kuggur slingdog
Ex Member

Reply #277 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 8:33pm

Good, we wouldn´t want this tread to become too unrealistic now do we.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #278 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 11:28pm

The fact that were talking about a zombie apocalypse makes this unrealistic. Even though scientists have figured out how a zombie could be created with a virus, it's not likely to happen soon.

IP Logged

Rockman
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Lima, Peru
Reply #279 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 12:34am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH1go9im24M&feature=related

I watched the cold steel videos (yet again) and I think this is my new favorite for zombie killing. At 3:48, he really shows what it can do.

Preserving the sling, mankind´s original Magnum. Rookie slingers are modern superheroes: Never far away from trouble. Rockman sling tutorial: http://slinging.org/index.php?page=how-to-make-a-rockman-sling---bruno-tosso

IP Logged

mossdog427

thud

Kentucky
Reply #280 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 9:30am

a lawn mower!

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #281 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 9:58am

mossdog427 wrote on Jun 28th, 2011 at 9:30am:
a lawn mower!

You'd be better off with something like a combine. It would be high enough to actually chop up the zombies, and fast enough for use as a getaway vehicle.

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #282 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 4:19pm

Samurismallz wrote on Jun 27th, 2011 at 1:54pm:
Would there still be stores running at all? Still, you're on the right track there.  If you can get anything for free, then you could probably go to a small gun shop and take a few guns and the ammo for them, and that would help a little. Maybe that's the first step, is to raid all the stores.Its not quite to the Rube Goldberg stage yet.  What I'm talking about is something where relatively few zombies reach us so our fighting is minimized. We could place traps around the area if we wanted, though.

I believe that he meant get the walkies before the outbreak, i.e. stockpile. 
So, you plan on being the only one with the idea about the gun store?  Also, as you're looting, beware of the few cops who might still be operating, and every other scared, hostile civilian with a bat or a bolt action rifle.  They all want the same things you do.

We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Slingers!

Longbowmen draw to the ear!

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #283 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 4:23pm

What I would do about them is have them join us. Tell them that we are fighting back against the zombies, and ask them if they want to join us. They will survive better, and we will gain an extra pair of hands to help out.

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #284 - Jun 28th, 2011 at 4:43pm

Samurismallz wrote on Jun 28th, 2011 at 4:23pm:
What I would do about them is have them join us. Tell them that we are fighting back against the zombies, and ask them if they want to join us. They will survive better, and we will gain an extra pair of hands to help out.

I would like to convey how this conversation may go:
"Hi there"
"@#$% off"
"I was wondering if you'd like to join us?"
"I already told you what to do"
"But I thought—"
*clears leather* "I don't care what you thought.  There's no way I'm gonna take orders from a runt like you" [At this point I'm assuming this guy's about 6' 8"]
"But it would be mutually benefic—"
"Oh, listen to you. Aren't you smart? I'll bet you think you're better than me, huh?"
"No, I—"
"GET OUTTA HERE!"
“But I still need to get—”
“It’s all mine, now.  Leave!”
“But—”
BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!
At which point, you are laying on the ground bleeding out to a) be finished by the belligerent conversationalist, or b) left and devoured by the first zeds out and about.  Either situation leads to you not getting the chance to survive Z Day. 
The moral of this story: stock up on supplies, weapons, and ammunition before you need it.

We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Slingers!

Longbowmen draw to the ear!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Chris, Curious Aardvark)