Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Poll Poll
Question: melee or ranged for zombies

« Last Modified by: paracordslinger on: Apr 28th, 2011 at 9:46pm »

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24
Send Topic Print
Ultimate Zombie Melee Weapon? (Read 87158 times)
Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Ultimate Zombie Melee Weapon?
Reply #255 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 8:59pm

It mostly depends on the species of zombie, but with most you just have to ruin the brain (i.e. head shot)  or a good shot with most war clubs, or sever the spinal cord so the brain can't send messages to the rest of the body to fight/eat.

None the less, most people have different preferences due to body structure, most larger guys would prefer longer heaver weapons, more average size guys prefer shorter lighter weapons, and both prefer the fastest most effective option possible (has yet to be decided).

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Samurismallz

Why am I wasting slinging
time on this forum?

Reply #256 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 10:59pm

I'm a smaller guy, so I'd prefer a lighter weapon. My problem is that I also want a longer weapon. The only real option that gives me is a long-bladed spear, preferably with a crossguard. Something similar to a boar spear would work. My secondary weapon would probably be a shortsword with a blade of 24" max. The spear would work for more open areas, and for close quarters I could use the sword, maybe with a buckler. The problem with that is that if I'm close enough to use my sword, any zombies are close enough to bite me, so I have to be extra careful. Maybe leather armor, but nothing too heavy.

Take life as it comes.  Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can.&&&&There is one rule, above all others, for a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.&&&&Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain.

IP Logged

paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Reply #257 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 11:11pm

a big tower and a couple hundred metal 4"x8"x12" steel plates would be sufficient, i think?

Life is hard, it's harder if you're stupid.

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #258 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 8:19am

Yes, but the only way to attack from there is melee, and how much ammo do you have? Even if you use a sling, how many rocks are going to be in that tower?

Take life as it comes.  Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can.&&&&There is one rule, above all others, for a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.&&&&Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain.

IP Logged

paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Reply #259 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 1:10pm

i have a giant pine tree and vats of boiling pitch in that tower. and for weapons, a gun that uses magnifing glasses to turn sunlight into a powerful beam, kind of like a plasma gun:)

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #260 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 3:10pm

Well, the tree might work, and the gun if you can focus it enough, bt how much pitch do you have? Again, ammo is a problem. It might be a good idea to build a labyrinth in the tower and fight any zombies that somehow make it through. Youre the bait, but not many zombies will get through the labyrinth, especially not with impassible areas, such as pits with whirling blades and stuff like that.

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #261 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 3:32am

Samurismallz wrote on Jun 25th, 2011 at 3:10pm:
Well, the tree might work, and the gun if you can focus it enough, bt how much pitch do you have? Again, ammo is a problem. It might be a good idea to build a labyrinth in the tower and fight any zombies that somehow make it through. Youre the bait, but not many zombies will get through the labyrinth, especially not with impassible areas, such as pits with whirling blades and stuff like that.

Whirling blades? Really?

We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Slingers!

Longbowmen draw to the ear!

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #262 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 8:29am

So when the zombies fall in they get shredded. It means no risk of zombies somehow getting out.

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #263 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 3:47pm

Yeah, but are you really going to spend valuable preparation time building an elaborate maze instead of stockpiling and fortifying a more conventional location?

IP Logged

paracordslinger

Paid by the hour, Older
by the minute

kansas
Reply #264 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 3:50pm

yep:)

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #265 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 4:00pm

Why? A few bottlenecks and closed courtyards would serve, probably, even better.  I feel that an elaborate maze would a) take up precious time beforehand b) it's a maze, there are bound to be a few zeds left in corners after you've killed most of them and c) get you lost and killed.

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #266 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 6:59pm

Good point. If you have enough allies, you could fight in shifts, so you wouldnt get too tired, if you had your own well and garden there, you could stay almost indefinitely. Plus, if you have a bottleneck that leads to a closed courtyard, you could have all these things with you. Bring in some cots and you've got a good place to stay.

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #267 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 7:05pm

In most zombie stories they have a scouting group so ideally if you were in a tower or heavy fortification you have a "hidden" way out so the scouting team can go and replenish supplies.

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Samurismallz

time on this forum?

Reply #268 - Jun 26th, 2011 at 7:14pm

I was kinda thinking about that too. The problem is, what happens if they get caught, or the hidden exit is found?

IP Logged

greencheapsk8
Descens

Just in it for the fire!

Taranaki, New Zealand
Reply #269 - Jun 27th, 2011 at 5:00am

Samurismallz wrote on Jun 26th, 2011 at 7:14pm:
I was kinda thinking about that too. The problem is, what happens if they get caught, or the hidden exit is found?

Simple! Just protect the hidden exit with a elaborate labrynth , complete with pits, whirling blades and such..... Grin

Rivers of silver, that is my dream.&&Glowing, twisting, snaking, flowing.&&Cooling and burning, shrinking and melting.&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini)