Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hunting Sling Legality (Read 39436 times)
thabaill
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Hunting Sling Legality
Reply #15 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 8:20am

Do you hunt badgers or wolverines?

If you catch one alive and you are planning to kill it. Do you know if it is possible that you can send it to me?

Of course with all legal requeriments and I would pay all the payments.

IP Logged

Mick
Descens

May your stone always
be well buried.

Brisbane/Redcliffe
Reply #16 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 9:27am

John wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 8:28am:
hybrid_throwback wrote on Nov 14th, 2010 at 8:42am:
Pretty sure in most parts of Australia you can hunt with anything within reason but must remember you can get big fines and few years in jail for animal cruelty here. And just general bad form to get around hurting animals, especially anything native as a general rule. Birds in particular.

Interesting question, not something I think about a lot but I'll read up on it.

Most ferals here (goats, bullocks, buffalo) are probably a bit large to go after, but I can't see anyone getting too upset if you're popping bunnies or feral cats in your back paddock.

Suspect slings (as opposed to slingshots) would be something of a grey area in most civilised parts of the world. Then again slingshots are illegal to sell in most aussie states... whacky old world.

Interestingly.... in Victoria (and I think Vic laws are in line with Aus Customs) the only slingshots that are prohibited are Commercially made or those that have wrist braces. Make one yourself - no wrist brace and technically theyre only a controlled weapon (ie come under same restrictions as say a baseball bat or an axe).

Digging up the dead here, I know, but in Queensland, Australia there are no restrictions on slings. Slingshots simply have the 'no wrist-brace' rule. So without a wrist-brace a sling shot is also just another bit of sporting gear. You can also use your archery equipment in the backyard. The only rule for all of that is, common sense has to prevail, as injurys, cruelty and damage (or any other negative side affect) caused by the user are generally covered under other aspects of the law. So protect yourself by ensuring the safety of others and their property, and only ever make a clean kill (or miss) if your hunting. Remember, all native animals are protected. Feral game is all you have to sling at.

IP Logged

Josephusflav

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #17 - May 14th, 2021 at 2:02pm

Tennessee illegal

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #18 - May 14th, 2021 at 3:50pm

Pretty sure its illegal in Texas as well...if you get caught. Stupid really. I can shoot rabbits with blunts from a #45 bow but I cant use a weapon capable of 4 times as much KE to kill them.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #19 - May 14th, 2021 at 3:58pm

Before this thread was started I actually looked into what would be required for someone to make slings legal for hunting in New Jersey.  It's an insane process.  I'd have a better chance of hitting the lottery big.  There are however no laws against possessing slings  or using them for target practice.  Yet.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Rat Man, Chris, vetryan15, Kick)