Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bundle Bow made with atlatl darts? (Read 1825 times)
Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Bundle Bow made with atlatl darts?
Nov 13th, 2010 at 6:10pm

I was using my atlatl, and i realized since the darts are so bendable, why not use em to make a bundle bow if need be?
i didnt do it, but based only on the effectivness, would you guys say it would work? im thinking yes, though i dont see why you would ditch atlatl ammo for a bundle bow

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

aztec
Funditor

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Bundle Bow made with atlatl darts?
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 6:22pm

im sure it would work since the darts are flexible anyways

but if your in a situation where you have  a few atlatls darts ,it would be easier to make an atlatl than make your darts into a bow..then make arrows for said bow  Grin

i slung a rock into the air! &&where it lands i know not - ow

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 10:38pm

It can be done, but I don't think it will work very well.  With  6 foot darts, figure a 2 foot overlap, now you have a ten foot bow.  It will be very awkward to use and probably not have very good cast.  Any more than that and you have to worry about the darts breaking when you draw.  They are flexable but probably not enough to make a bow.  You would probably be better off throwing the dart like a javeline.  Bill

IP Logged

Woonilsra
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #3 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 8:39pm

im thinking a bundle bow with scarf join atlatls. just in a pinch for some reason, i think it could be done, maybe ill test it sometime, since my darts are just dowell rods from sears.

"Come on you sons of bitches! Do you want to live forever?"&&&&"A sword is a weapon. The art of swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth"&&&&"Dead!" I answered, and amiably "Murdered," the Hangman corrected me. "First the alien ... then the Jew. I did no more than you let me do."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Chris)