Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
hunting with a sling (Read 2979 times)
Jabames
Ex Member

hunting with a sling
Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:13am

hmmmm it seems that a post that i had made has been deleeted or i am not allowed to access it for some reason, its my own post and i should be able to make posts about subjects pertaining to slings and hunting with it

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Re: hunting with a sling
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 8:53am

Welcome to the forum of disappearing  Sad topics.    Cry
It happens when a "Moderator" feels a conversation has
gone too far astray or is not appropriate (in the moderators view)
Your topic and one other topic, that I was reading,  were removed
last night/this morning.

Instead of deleting topics, I believe a moderator should redact the entire topic .
ie. "Text deleted by Moderator ModeratorName. Topic does not comply with Forum rules"
    "Rules violated: rule1 .. rule2 .. etc"
While speaking of rules ... Where are the Forum's rules posted?
Rules should be in a sticky at the top of every Forum ..

Moderators need to be upfront regarding; what is deleted, who deleted it and why it is deleted ...

PS
" I don't like it " is not a valid reason and "Everyone knows" is not a valid rule
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2010 at 12:19pm by Steven »  

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 11:43am

I didn't do it.  Not guilty.  I can guess that which ever mod did delete your post it probably did have something to do with the mutilation of animals, which you seem to enjoy, Jabames, and which is not what this site is about.  Be advised, your are rapidly beginning to bore me.

IP Logged

Mr. Boss
Funditor

Slinging Depleted Uranium!

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 12:52pm

This is America!! We shouldn't have out posts deleted by you-know-who.

Slings can be more powerful than a 45.&&&&┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐&&&&

IP Logged

Schleudertrauma
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 12:56pm

What steven said.
(+1)

IP Logged

Jabames
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 1:18pm

mutilation of animals? I dont kill animals for pleasure, i do it to feed my family, whether it be small game such as rabbit or others such as moose to fill up the freezer.  its actually cheaper than store-bought food and healthier as well, no chemicals or pesticides; plus the animals dont suffer like they do in slaughter houses, they die humanely and quickly, sometimes when camping its all we eat, and we depend on a lot of food from the wild, the animals we kill that day are what we eat for dinner, if we dont hunt we dont have anything in the freezer to provide for our family.  the sling IS and ALWAYS will be a traditional hunting weapon, it would be weird if some1 10,000 years ago said he's against killing animals, he's family would starve to death and would be laughed at.  So i would like to use the sling as a hunting weapon as it was to begin with, self defense was second to that, next is the pleasure of just slinging.  the sling was used extensively by my ancestor's to be used on game such as birds and small game, so i continue that legacy of this magnificent piece of history, without it some people just wouldn't exist; there wouldn't be the balearic slingers, they would be more like romans if it wasn't for the sling, n so shepherds as well there livestock would be prey to predators if they never used it to ward off them.  it pains me today when people dont appreciate what the sling has done for us, without weapons we would not have survived war or famine, or enemy cave peoples, or david would be dead and israel would be destroyed if it weren't for the sling.  Wink

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #6 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:17pm

"we still have subsistence rights  and seagulls were good target practice when we were growing shooting .22s" 
"i think i hit a seagull too, they dont seem to be winded from slings, i hit one in the wing once didnt seem to be affected, they must be tough birds or it must be not enough blunt force."
why not, there tough targets to hit, and they can dodge sling bullets, and what if i'm lost in the wilds for days and all there is is birds to kill"
These are your words. You use seagulls for target practice and nothing else.  Are you denying that now?

IP Logged

Fundibularius
Interfector Viris Spurii

Sultan of Sling

Inter Mosam ac Rhenum
Reply #7 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:19pm

Mr. Boss wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 12:52pm:
This is America!!

Well... not quite yet.

Ferrugo numquam dormit.&&(Nigellus Iuvenis)&&&&

Noch weiz ich an im mere daz mir ist bekant
einen lintrachen  slouch des heledes hant
do badet er in dem blvote  des ist der helt gemeit
von also vester hvte  daz in nie wafen sit versneit.

IP Logged

Jabames
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:31pm

Rat Man wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:17pm:
"we still have subsistence rights  and seagulls were good target practice when we were growing shooting .22s"  
"i think i hit a seagull too, they dont seem to be winded from slings, i hit one in the wing once didnt seem to be affected, they must be tough birds or it must be not enough blunt force."
why not, there tough targets to hit, and they can dodge sling bullets, and what if i'm lost in the wilds for days and all there is is birds to kill"
These are your words. You use seagulls for target practice and nothing else.  Are you denying that now?

perhaps in my youth when i was but a little boy, never killed one yet actually, but i dont deny shooting at them, and yes it was stupid of me to take aim against such defenseless animals, next time i will shoot at legal game not seagulls and such...

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #9 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 3:57pm

EDIT: Deleted...wrong thread.

IP Logged

Jabames
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 4:06pm

yeah man i was just asking for experiences of hunting small game, and the sling is excellent with that and it was a hunting weapon first n foremost, and people just go crazy over something so small, and there are other posts about hunting with the sling why aren't they deleted, it was my other post that was offensive and i apologize for being so obtuse is the word i guess-not this one its just a humble question that many of us want to hear about experiences about hunting small game and such, but there always has to be a person that just ruins the whole thing...

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #11 - Aug 12th, 2010 at 4:19pm

Rat Man wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 2:17pm:
"we still have subsistence rights  and seagulls were good target practice when we were growing shooting .22s"  
These are your words. You use seagulls for target practice and nothing else.  Are you denying that now?

You guys really got to break it up, quit whining , and forgive and forget . So as I said in the other thread yes a sling can be a viable hunting weapon if enough time is spent practicing

"My dear brothers, take note of this everyone should be quick to listen ,slow to speak ,and slow to become angry". -James 1:19

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Kick, Curious Aardvark, joe_meadmaker, Morphy, Chris, Rat Man, vetryan15)